1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mine just arrived from sideshow. The head sculpt is spot on but the lanky torso and skinny arms blows. If I didn't need him to complete the set I never would've gotten him.

20170607_145905.jpg

Here's a quick photoshop. if only they just bulked up the body and arms this figure would've been awesome.

drax%20edited.jpg

Last edited:
mine just arrived from sideshow. The head sculpt is spot on but the lanky torso and skinny arms blows. If I didn't need him to complete the set I never would've gotten him.

I would have never gotten him if I didn't already have the rest, regardless of body. With the exception of SL, I think most of the GotG figures aren't figures you'd get by themselves and only get them to complete the team.

It helps though if you pose the figure at an angle as opposed to straight ahead. It kind of obfuscates some of the parts of the body that are lacking.

Eh, I could see the argument for just getting Groot/Rocket, too. Other than that, yeah, you need the whole team to justify getting some of the figures.

Min's coming Friday, and I'm pretty excited to be finishing the team, but not so much for individual Drax :dunno

Yeah, that's true also about Groot and Rocket as a pair.

No worries about Drax though. The body is definitely lacking, but when you pose him with the rest of the team, he looks fine. Even with the misses on the body, he's still in scale with the others and bulkier. Isn't an eyesore at all.

My completed team after Drax's addition yesterday:

image.jpg

It's so depressing seeing this comparison ! He looks soooo much better on the bottom photoshop version. But thanks anyway.....

20170607_145905.jpg

Here's a quick photoshop. if only they just bulked up the body and arms this figure would've been awesome.

drax%20edited.jpg

Where there is a market there is a way - someone is going to develop a "space warrior" body with the proportions we want to fill the demand. While I wouldn't bank on it if this is the only release, If I was a betting man I would put money on it if the V2 has the same body (likely).

Yeah, that's true also about Groot and Rocket as a pair.

No worries about Drax though. The body is definitely lacking, but when you pose him with the rest of the team, he looks fine. Even with the misses on the body, he's still in scale with the others and bulkier. Isn't an eyesore at all.

My completed team after Drax's addition yesterday:

View attachment 346590

That looks great, SS!

Back