1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The name plate is a separate piece. On correctly made bases, it's probably glued on. They just glued it on upside down.

Here's a quick cell phone picture. My Starlord's base didn't even have any remains of glue on it, so it might just slide on.

View attachment 346950

I don't even understand why names are put on there in the first place. I understand when they were making the marines from aliens, but not now.

:)

f3cIMG3085.jpg

Nice! :clap

Thanks!

I'm going to do the 1st GotG poster dio, and that is an approximation of the poses (as best as I could with figures limitations)

Some poses, Drax doesn't look that bad.

But other poses like the one above, it really exacerbates how lacking the upper body is.

I personally think its an okay figure but would rather sit this one out for a better version.

While the sculpt is nice overall, the upper body is just plain wrong. He's too skinny and lacks the wide lats, broad shoulders and huge arms. The colors and elaborate tattoos eliminates any possibility of a body swap. I'm sure Bautista can't be happy with this depiction although probably not his call. At least we finally have the character.

For GotG2 Drax I'd like to see HT release a deluxe version with a swap-out upper body with limited articulation like the Hulk. This would allow them to sculpt an upper body with more accurate proportions for museum display and a standard upper body for posing. They should also offer a second portrait. IMO subsequent releases should always be upgrades. That's how you keep folks buying.

HT really need to think about doing a whole new body for V2 because having 2 with this body is just going to make for a poor seller.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My team is FINALLY complete. Received last week. Long wait.
4490bb7f819383d429cfe566136a61e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back