1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19.00 seems to be the standard price i get charged for shipping from Sideshow.

Got charged that today for 4-LOM and its the same for Drax. Seems over priced to me.

Just received my final flex pay email. Should have him by next Friday.

Finally!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

:lol If I had to pay international shipping I wouldn't have any sympathy for US buyers either. However, $23 to ship from California to Oklahoma is about $7 too much--and that's at the prices I have to pay, not a big company. It doesn't sound like much, but when you add up the additional fees over several transactions for hundreds of customers, Sideshow is making a lot of extra cash while claiming to only charge actual shipping.

Tax: $15.95
Shipping (Est.) $18.89
Grand Total: $254.83

That's my estimated shipping rate for Drax and I'm getting taxed. I live in the same state, which is a lot closer than Oklahoma. :slap

Maybe I should only preorder exclusives with them from now on.

My shipping charge for Drax is $22.92 which is absolutely ****ing ridiculous. :mad:

That's ridiculous, my charge is $20.24, to NY. I usually buy from bbts, shipping is cheaper, plus no extra for a pack out. I really don't buy from SS anymore except for exclusives, the reward points aren't worth it when it costs more to ship.

The only other reason I order from SS other than if there is an exclusive, is that there are way too many BS QC issues with these figures lately. Both HT & SS. Much rather deal with the direct distributor and know I'll either get a replacement part or figure, than try to deal with a 3rd party company that will take much longer to resolve a problem and have a harder time dealing with a replacement.. A few dollars extra for S&H is worth the piece of mind for me... I only venture elsewhere when an item is sold out, or if it's a ridiculously great deal like a big sale or on clearance or something.

Another thing to consider is that the "shipping" cost may not strictly be covering transit from Sideshow's door to yours.

Sideshow has to import these figures from Hot Toys overseas, and that costs them money. The prices for importing can vary depending on a variety of factors, including time of year, number of pallets and how full the boats are.

So for some figures, perhaps Sideshow can eat a little of the cost and offer cheap shipping. But other times maybe the cost of importing dictates they charge more to help protect their margins.

Obviously I'm not sure if this is the case, but I feel it's important to consider what variables could be in play here, rather than jumping to conclusions.

"Sideshow is evil and they're just gouging our wallets" is an easy scapegoat when we're upset with the prices and want someone to blame, but none of us know for certain what their cost/profit margin is.

Seeking profit is certainly one possible explanation, and also sort of their primary goal as a business entity. But it's also only one of dozens of possible explanations.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think if it was really a cost problem they would be going out of their way to explain what's happened. Silence leads me to take a simpler belief, that they are squeezing their customer base.

If Hot Toys ever decides to distribute to the US and Canada, what would happen to sideshow? How many people are buying $8,000 statues and $500 premium format figures?

I think if it was really a cost problem they would be going out of their way to explain what's happened. Silence leads me to take a simpler belief, that they are squeezing their customer base.

If Hot Toys ever decides to distribute to the US and Canada, what would happen to sideshow? How many people are buying $8,000 statues and $500 premium format figures?

But why squeeze some and not others? Some get charged $22 for shipping and others get charged $9 for the same figure

But why squeeze some and not others? Some get charged $22 for shipping and others get charged $9 for the same figure
I guess I don't see many of the $9 shipping costs reported by board members. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska and my shipping for Yoda was $19.16.

The weird thing to me is that there doesn't seem to be any logic to the prices. Vision was $17, Drax was $19, but CW Hawkeye and Widow were $10? They're all the same size, about the same weight, going to the same place, but the shipping prices are all over the place.

The weird thing to me is that there doesn't seem to be any logic to the prices. Vision was $17, Drax was $19, but CW Hawkeye and Widow we're $10? They're all the same size, about the same weight, going to the same place, but the shipping prices are all over the place.

Maybe with the dimensions? Were the boxes same dimensions? I heard that could affect pricing.

Maybe with the dimensions? Were the boxes same dimensions? I heard that could affect pricing.

I just pulled out Widow and Vision's boxes and they're the same dimensions. I don't have anything to weigh them with, though just holding them they seem about the same.

I don't know but Sideshows shipping prices seem to be talked about more than the figures themselves. They need to do something about it. Certainly not doing themselves any favours for reputation etc.

I'm in Europe, but don't they have fixed price brackets for postage in the States based on up to a certain size or weight groups ?? I would have also thought postage should be fixed in country. i.e wherever it has to go in the USA should be the same (within those price brackets). It's like that in Australia where I originally come from.

Very strange ??

It's very strange. SSC can charge $20+ to ship a figure to someone who lives in the same state and charge $9 to ship the same figure across the country :dunno

Back