1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very strange. SSC can charge $20+ to ship a figure to someone who lives in the same state and charge $9 to ship the same figure across the country :dunno

Sounds like it depends who's working that day. Gazza or Johnno. Neither know what's right but so long as it's more than the UPS standard rate. She'll be right !

The shipping is weird at SSC. Most sites in Australia offer free shipping when you spend over $100 on items. I literally never pay for shipping here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm in Europe, but don't they have fixed price brackets for postage in the States based on up to a certain size or weight groups ?? I would have also thought postage should be fixed in country. i.e wherever it has to go in the USA should be the same (within those price brackets). It's like that in Australia where I originally come from.

The US Post Office has rates more like that, Sideshow and others use commercial shipping companies like UPS or Fedex which has significantly more variable (and invisible) rates depending on the customer. Being a person shipping from a UPS store is a different set of rates than a medium size corporate entity, and very different than Amazon gets, etc etc.

The US Post Office has rates more like that, Sideshow and others use commercial shipping companies like UPS or Fedex which has significantly more variable (and invisible) rates depending on the customer. Being a person shipping from a UPS store is a different set of rates than a medium size corporate entity, and very different than Amazon gets, etc etc.
Yup. 'Muricuh!

I'm sure SS gets discounted rates from UPS for businesses. I think they just nickel and dime us as much as possible, and then charge extra for a pack out. The only time they offer free shipping is when they want to get rid of old stock. The worst part is now you can't even get an estimate on shipping on preorders, and then when you put your non refundable deposit down, they hit you with a ridiculous shipping charge when it ships.

Just unboxed this about 45 mins ago.

First impression: the body is average at best, and that's being generous. The sculpt though, however, is excellent. I personally think it's the best sculpt of the GotG line, but the subpar body makes it the weakest figure overall of the line.

Depending on the pose and the angle though, this figure can look good. It really comes down to getting the correct angle with this figure and obfuscating the lacking areas of the body. The best angle for this figure is indeed seemingly posing him at an angle, as when doing so, it actually looks pretty decent. It's only when you have it looking straight on or flare the arms too far out to the side, that it starts looking a little peculiar.

I would not get this figure as a stand alone figure by itself and if you look at him by himself, that's when the flaws are more discernible; but if you have the rest of the GotG group (or at least most of them) though, he's pretty much essential and looks fine when displayed with the others. As mentioned, just pose him at the right angle and he'll be okay. Even with the body as is, he still looks more massive than the other GotG figures (excluding Groot).

First impression: the body is average at best, and that's being generous. The sculpt though, however, is excellent. I personally think it's the best sculpt of the GotG line, but the subpar body makes it the weakest figure overall of the line.

Depending on the pose and the angle though, this figure can look good. It really comes down to getting the correct angle with this figure and obfuscating the lacking areas of the body. The best angle for this figure is indeed seemingly posing him at an angle, as when doing so, it actually looks pretty decent. It's only when you have it looking straight on or flare the arms too far out to the side, that it starts looking a little peculiar.

I would not get this figure as a stand alone figure by itself and if you look at him by himself, that's when the flaws are more discernible; but if you have the rest of the GotG group (or at least most of them) though, he's pretty much essential and looks fine when displayed with the others. As mentioned, just pose him at the right angle and he'll be okay. Even with the body as is, he still looks more massive than the other GotG figures (excluding Groot).

echos what i've seen and heard from others... stand alone he's just ok... but combine him w/ the team and he looks good. nice to see this finally here after we've been waiting for so long! mine charged this morning so shouldn't be long now to check that box off!

Thanks for the review. Glad to know he looks okay with the rest of the team.

As someone deeply disappointed with how he turned out, I sold all of GotG Vol1 figures. Time will tell if HT decides to revisit it for Vol2 or even later movies.

I won't have a Guardians display for a while!

My GotG display looks much more complete now after his addition. Inspired me to change up the poses on some of the others.

I was surprised mine shipped yesterday since lately it takes Sideshow a couple days to ship after charging me. I'll have him Friday. :rock

Drax will finally be here on Friday. However, I think I need to be pinched because I almost don't believe it!

Minie is on the UPS truck out for delivery, will have him by the end of the day.

Back