1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with you guys about the body being a little off, but I'm still going to get him anyway.

HT has been great about making improvements over the last couple years, but with all that it took to finally get this guy up for PO, I'm sure what we see is what we're getting at this point.

He looks a touch skinny in the midsection, arms and traps and the chest does look a little too flat, but hey. It's just odd that after all of this time they couldn't bring something with better proportions. Likeness is really good and despite him having that expression through a lot of the movie, I think a meaner look would've brought the essence of the character out more.

Despite it's flaws I'm still in

It's a lot of factors. Cost, popularity, time, schedule..ect. But there's no reason to completly write off any figure from a modern movie. They just released a villian from iron man 2 last year.

But villains sell much less then hero figures. And they often only last one film. So very little chance of reused tooling. Some, like thanos will get future releases so he's a good risk. Yellow jacket has potential for reuse of parts for another character and it gives them new design and engineering tooling. Ultron prime could have his base body and tooling case molds be reused for ultimate ultron. Mandarin was just a new head and clothing. Electro had the lighting effect trick that can be used on Thor (the Aou hammer effect) and scarlet witch, as well as any future lightning or such figures. It provides those engineering upgrades to their entire product catalog like YJ. Also yellow jacket helps spread the cost of the overall film license out over multiple release. Also why they like doing the busts and cosbaby and other smaller lines. It helps to divide the overall license cost out over multiple products.

Licensed merchandise, especially that with likeness rights, is a very very very complex process.

So, you're saying that we MIGHT get the Lone Ranger?

WTF!!!!
I just bookmarked it with other preorders I may want and the only four Hot Toys in my sights are Deadpool, CW Cap & Mk 45.
They all come out in August. All Marvel too, don't they consider how this affects the collector? **** them!!!

WTF!!!!
I just bookmarked it with other preorders I may want and the only four Hot Toys in my sights are Deadpool, CW Cap & Mk 45.
They all come out in August. All Marvel too, don't they consider how this affects the collector? **** them!!!

Start saving now and it should not be problem. They most likely will not all come out in August, Cap will probably be bumped up and ship in July and the Mk45 might ship late in October or November and something else might get delayed till January.

Was tired of waiting and just about to sale all the others. Only opened Star Lord to inspect. Rocket/Groot and Gamora are still sealed. Glad to see him but now I am questioning myself about wanting to complete the set. Probably will order.....maybe.

Officially pre-ordered the last crewmember.
My retailer just updated the release date on this. Isn't September a little early for European markets?
(Not that I'm complaining though.) :yess:

So who's up next to join the gang in GotG2? Yondu, Nebula & Mantis?

Drax is probably my favorite Guardian and I'm ay have to order this. I've seen the rest in person and I use to own Groot which was a great figure but I think this will take the cake. I'll hold off for now but if it hits in stock and I have the funds I'll order for sure.

Back