1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered him just so I wouldn't start over with iron studios set in smaller scale. Cash left for deadpool and useless iron man remakes. Lol

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

With all the "where's Drax" clamoring and Richard Yang type persistence, HT must think that this character is the biggest thing since Iron Man! :lol

They're not gonna know what went wrong when they only end up selling 3000-5000 of them

But I do hope like many others here that this gives more credible hope for the Ripley and Doc figures coming out and s

Yea please give us a Doc Brown, my collection when I get the Marty and the Deloreon will not be complete without the inventor. Do not want the doc brown to be the next drax, where collectors pulling their hair out why it was never made

Big difference between Drax and Doc brown. One was teased, and then shown as a full painted prototype. Doc brown is just a hope. We have no idea if they plan to make him or have a prototype. It's a very different situation.

"I'm NOT a Princess!"

I just have to say it...Loved the movie, loved the team, but spending my precious dollars on Avengers only...Looking forward to Vol. 2!

Yeah, it's possibly my favourite MCU movie outside the first Avengers flick, but having the team has never really interested me. I do still want however a Star-Lord in my collection... Maybe I'll regret not collecting the Guardians after the sequel comes out, but you can't collect everything I guess.

Yeah, it's possibly my favourite MCU movie outside the first Avengers flick, but having the team has never really interested me. I do still want however a Star-Lord in my collection... Maybe I'll regret not collecting the Guardians after the sequel comes out, but you can't collect everything I guess.

You could always just buy the sequel versions of the team which will be (going by Hot Toys history) clearly superior and a step up from the current versions.

You could always just buy the sequel versions of the team which will be (going by Hot Toys history) clearly superior and a step up from the current versions.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the thought of a cooler version of Star Lord or Groot makes me sad. I have always been a "one and done" type of collector. This has been one of my favorite lines from Hot Toys and I am delighted I can complete the team now. Will not need to improve it, ever.

Had to go for it. Just looks too cool...will really look great next to Star Lord, Groot and Rocket.

....and I'll correct myself here...there's one small view of his back in the gallery (the " what's in the box" shot). Maybe I'm just seing what I want to see, but it certainly looks like there is a considerable difference in the way this looks now versus the earlier prototype. Body looks beefier as it should. Portrait's expression is still a bit to serene for this character, but the quality is great. The pants look really good.

is this a new. special base body for this figure or is it one that's been used before with the figures requiring a hefty build?
Regardless, it looks good....looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Finally got announced huh? Looks pretty good too. Thankfully.

I'm glad they went with the dark pants
2B1BE71B00000578-3185671-image-m-120_1438754765634.jpg

The more I see this, the more I want to get it. But then I also need to buy all the others... But I do think this a one REALLY cool HS. Only tiny thing I would change, would be an extra (angrier) hs. Otherwise, it is damn near perfect

The more I see this, the more I want to get it. But then I also need to buy all the others... But I do think this a one REALLY cool HS. Only tiny thing I would change, would be an extra (angrier) hs. Otherwise, it is damn near perfect

I wouldn't necessarily say you have to buy the others.

I haven't seen the costume Drax has for Vol 2. But I'm assuming it's an upgraded version of the the garb he had at he end of the film but I'd be more than happy with this one. I sold my Star-Lord and never bought Gamora or Rocket cause I knew they would get new gear in the 2nd plus I really started to hate the long coat look on Peter.

I think it's fun to mix and match.

I fear this figure will sit around. I can't see it being a popular seller. And seeing as GoTG Vol. 2 hits next year, a new version will usurp this one much faster.

What would have elevated this to a must have is an alternate extra angry headsculpt. The neutral expression doesn't work here.

Though, I suspect that sculpt is already done and will be the main change in the Vol. 2 version.

I'm guess they will update the outfit, add whatever weapons he uses and do something like they did with Caps HS and have his eyes looking left or right :lol

Back