1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Not sure if it's just me, but...that last picture kinda had a Buddha statue vibe to it.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

All the talk about the body being not close to the actor...looks pretty close to me. Will it match every scene? No. But he's not flexing or posing to look bigger in every scene like the prison intake scene.

The scene I took this image from is the same as the group scene hot toys posed the figures in for the group pic. Looks pretty close.

View attachment 249481

The neck is throwing it off. Too long compared to the live-action photo.

Someone Photoshop drax's head on to one of these people! :lol

4467393_std.jpg

Great looking figure, but damn that expression doesn't capture the spirit of the character at all.

I thought this was going to be another useless non-update when I clicked on the thread. FINALLY!!!! How about Ripley now.

Someone Photoshop drax's head on to one of these people! :lol

View attachment 249488

Great looking figure, but damn that expression doesn't capture the spirit of the character at all.

Really? Why do you think that? He's distant. Spacey. Cold. Not very smart. And has that expression for 7/8 of the movie.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Here is in the middle of attempted murder..blank stare.

image.jpeg

And so onimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Seems to capture the character pretty well. Scene after scene. Standing on the hull of starlord ship with a wmd. Blank stare. Infinity stone tornado to kill Ronan, blank stare. Prison mugshot, and escape..blank stare. Outside of about 2 minutes of screen time...blank stare.

I love that Hot Toys actually had a little dig at Richard Yang on their Facebook page!This gives me hope for the 1966 Batmobile still...

Of course there's shots of him just standing there...it's not like everyone has an expression on their face a 100% of the time... I'm sure there's an equal amount of frames of him yelling, laughing, looking angry...

There's a difference between capturing the likeness of a character and capturing the spirit of one. Much of what we see from drax as a character is him being quick to anger, taking delight in vanquishing enemies, etc. I'm sure there's also pictures of Chris Pratt just standing there too, but that's not how we remember star lord. He's a smart ass, cocky, rogue-ish type and the ht sculpt helps the figure convey that.

Nothing about this figure's expression conveys the presence of the character.

I was very happy to see this announced. I had faith he'd be released so glad to see they didn't hold off until GOTG 2. Star Lord will have been out about 2 years by the time Drax hits us later this year. It kind of gives me hope we might see a Ronan up for pre-order before the year is out.

I always thought HT would have made Nebula too. Her design is amazing. Plus she's kinda hot.

I suppose now HT are going full steam ahead on developing Vol 3 figures. I hope Kurt Russell isn't buried under makeup so we can get a kickass figure.

I'm glad I sold my Star-Lord. I so got over the long coat look. I'll take a short jacket version any day though.

I always thought HT would have made Nebula too. Her design is amazing. Plus she's kinda hot.

I suppose now HT are going full steam ahead on developing Vol 3 figures. I hope Kurt Russell isn't buried under makeup so we can get a kickass figure.

I'd love a Nebula too and seen as she is in Vol. 2 I think they'd skip a Vol. 1 version. What would be perfect is a Ronan from Vol. 1 being the last release from the film and Nebula being the first figure from Vol. 2.

I feel bad for all those people who sold their star lords because they believed drax would never get made ...well not really, I bought a few of those

I don't feel bad for those people. It makes no sense to me, selling a group of really great figures just because they couldn't have another figure to go with them. It seems kind of spiteful. "If I can't have all of them, I don't want any of them". Silly.

I don't feel bad for those people. It makes no sense to me, selling a group of really great figures just because they couldn't have another figure to go with them. It seems kind of spiteful. "If I can't have all of them, I don't want any of them". Silly.

Totally agree with you man

The first figure I ever bought was Star Lord. I ended up getting Gamora as a gift and bought Rocket and Groot. To know I'm finally able to complete the team of my first ever Hot Toys means so much to me. Well done, Hot Toys! Day one preorder!!! :)

Awesome news!! I had given up at this point and thought I was going to have to wait until sometime after Vol.2 came out. Looks amazing!!

Back