1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Sigh...sending an email to AE to cancel Gamora since she is the one that I wanted the least; I will eat the cancellation fee.

I understand WHY HT is keeping quiet, but it is still really horrible from the collectors perspective and bad long-term business to release an incomplete team after showing an entire team during preorder time.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Not sure if there is just misspelling in this or you are saying its new.

Either way, you may not have seen it, but it's not new. It's the same promo ad from last year. Some where included on the interior of games and movies and some got slide into the exterior sleeves. But it's the same thing, of the same old prototype

View attachment 180927w

OR50z.jpg

b9facaec2b14d9b8106289eaca80e02d.jpg
1787da6b6fd7eef94509ac21930e62e8.jpg

Some more high quality pics...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't jump the gun, Drax not being in those promos could be as simple as HTs not allowed to promote that due to not being acceptable by the licensee.

I really hate how Hot Toys do business. That's the second photo I saw without Drax. The other one had the four Guardians AND Thanos. Guess he really isn't happening. Would be nice if Hot Toys had manned up and just told us. Time to go cancel some orders.

First, that's exactly why they would not tell. Why cost your self business announcing you are not making a figure you never actually announced? Second, if the figure was not approved at the licensing approval stage (which is what I was told and I reported awhile ago) then they could not legally use the old prototype in any sales material becuase it won't be what (or close) to the final product. Until a new prototype was done am they couldn't show anything.

Man, I really hate how consumers do business.

First, that's exactly why they would not tell. Why cost your self business announcing you are not making a figure you never actually announced? Second, if the figure was not approved at the licensing approval stage (which is what I was told and I reported awhile ago) then they could not legally use the old prototype in any sales material becuase it won't be what (or close) to the final product. Until a new prototype was done am they couldn't show anything.

Man, I really hate how consumers do business.

Drax was actually displayed at an exhibition in Taiwan around one week ago. I'm sure the license has no problem whatsoever, it's just hottoys that's holding back the release of this figure for some reasons.

Here's the proof:
b029d00423275a82c28c0fed97565747.jpg

Come on Hot Toys, you could at least give him an expression. :slap

laughing_buddha_statue-1016x1024.jpg

To be honest... I would get him no matter how expressionless his face is...but the real problem now is where is him???

That actually looks like him tho :lol

Regardless of when we get him please give him an expression. Gamora as awesome as she is looks so unimpressed lol

Drax was actually displayed at an exhibition in Taiwan around one week ago. I'm sure the license has no problem whatsoever, it's just hottoys that's holding back the release of this figure for some reasons.

Here's the proof:
b029d00423275a82c28c0fed97565747.jpg

Yes I've seen this. It's a display. Not advertising. As I said, once the item is deemed unfit for sale they can no longer use it as an advertising item. Hence removal from the ad. But they can display prototypes that are not for sale. So long as it's labeled a prototype.

It's good you are psychic though.

Yes I've seen this. It's a display. Not advertising. As I said, once the item is deemed unfit for sale they can no longer use it as an advertising item. Hence removal from the ad. But they can display prototypes that are not for sale. So long as it's labeled a prototype.

It's good you are psychic though.

Are you saying that it's for sure that Drax is not going to be released then? [emoji22]

Are you saying that it's for sure that Drax is not going to be released then? [emoji22]

No. I said its intial prototype did not pass QC. So it has to be redone. Happens all the time. It's one of the main reasons a prototype is shown and the figure them takes years to get to market. But, once that intial prototype fails to get full licensor approval they can not legally show it as upcoming product when they KNOW that prototype didn't pass.

I reported this year a few times over the last couple months. But here's an article from another site siting unnamed sources saying exactly what I did months ago. I wonder where they could of heard it. If you go back about ten pages this was also posted about and translated.

https://www.nerdstark.com.br/hot-toys-drax-cancelado-fomos-atras/

No. I said its intial prototype did not pass QC. So it has to be redone. Happens all the time. It's one of the main reasons a prototype is shown and the figure them takes years to get to market. But, once that intial prototype fails to get full licensor approval they can not legally show it as upcoming product when they KNOW that prototype didn't pass.

I reported this year a few times over the last couple months. But here's an article from another site siting unnamed sources saying exactly what I did months ago. I wonder where they could of heard it. If you go back about ten pages this was also posted about and translated.

Hot Toys – Drax cancelado? Fomos atrás… | Nerdstark

Ok thanks man, by all means I still have hope for this figure to be released!

Do you deal in licensed goods?

and hot toys doesn't consider themselves sellers. They are manufacturing. They don't sell direct.

And sure, things get canceled. But the few times that's been the case what difference has hot toys saying anything made, positively for them? Look at the reactions to the times they have announced that things did not go through. Batman returns penguin and catwoman for example. Or xmen first class. Because they deal in licensed merchandise and can not (both because of legal/contract things and risk of upsetting license holders) state most information or explain why an item was canceled there is nothing they could say that would make any real difference. So why would they?

Your statement was, please tell me so I can go cancel my other orders...and you wonder why they would not want to announce anything?

Last edited:

I just bought gamora with the hopes of having the complete team. I guess I won't open when it gets here on Monday. Argh. Really liked Drax's character and I really hope HT comes through for us fans.

I just bought gamora with the hopes of having the complete team. I guess I won't open when it gets here on Monday. Argh. Really liked Drax's character and I really hope HT comes through for us fans.

He will be made.... lets stay hopeful :hi5:
:welcome1: to the forum by the way :duff

Thanks, Man! Glad I found this place! I just started collecting so I need/want all the info I can get.

Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax! Drax!

Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_NK_FINALCC_GRD26_ft_dom_t2_v25rev_wt6.088363.jpg

Back