1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I think the long delay in a preorder going up is a good sign they are reworking some stuff. More muscular body and 2nd head sculpt would be great.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

One more pic from STGCC:

drax.jpg

Drax at STGCC.
15173759365_f78315ff95_b.jpg

15150732886_0cba85e1c1_b.jpg

15173731805_49f34f9552_b.jpg

Appreciate the pics there, rueters...

Doesn't look like anything's been updated on him since his showing at SDCC (except the addition of the gun). C'mon Hot Toys...let's see something good here...buff up that body and kick up that portrait a few notches, eh? At the very least, offer a more "intense" additional head sculpt please....

Wonder what the hold-up here is?

It seems to me that so much time was spent getting the tattoos right (they look awesome!) that the rest is just like 'that'll do'. I hope they improve at least the facial expression, bulk him up a bit and give him a slight moob lift.

At best I think/hope we get an additional head sculpt. Though work could be done to the body I am bot expecting it. Hot toys could see the issues but as people have mentioned they would still but it and hot toys knows that I think it will stay as it is. Any new body sculpt for drax will be saved for gotg 2.

The STGCC pics aren't flattering. :p I'm down for all the other figures, except Drax looks drugged out and seems to have a double chin or something weird going on with his head/face. :p

I swear, he had the funniest lines in the movie :lol

Looking forward to this PreOrder, whenever it comes... :impatient:

Last edited:

the body looks terrible.. has anyone been at this a while, do they tend to drastically change their molds when they see there is a problem? just curious and really hoping so because i'm getting all five regardless

the body looks terrible.. has anyone been at this a while, do they tend to drastically change their molds when they see there is a problem? just curious and really hoping so because i'm getting all five regardless
They tend to tweak it a bit but nothing major like redoing it. I have low hopes they will fix the body on drax.

the fact that he's the only one not up for pre-order yet is promising

Yeah the other 4 really look awesome, I plan on getting all 5, it would really suck if he came out looking like **** because I'm almost forced to get him haha, I really like Drax and want him but if he looks like **** its not like I can pass... well I can but you know haha.

Buy it and hide it behind Groot. :lol

Anyone have any inside scoop about what's happening with this figure?

Hopefully the long wait is due to them perfecting it

Back