1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Wow still hasn't gone up for order yet. Hopefully Hot Toys releases him still. I want the whole team.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Wow still hasn't gone up for order yet. Hopefully Hot Toys releases him still. I want the whole team.

I don't see that much of an issue. It will of up for pre-order eventually.

Oof. Drax looks rough. But then again, seamless rubber bodies make me nervous, considering they always seem to break down... I might pass on him and get the other team members.

They had best release some of the villains, though... :impatient:

The fact they released an updated HS for Star-Lord gives me high hopes that they're still tweaking this guy.

I get the impression that no one expected Guardians to be such a hit, and HT probably phoned in some of the sculpts initially. It's particularly evident with Drax, who could very easily have been the shelf warmer of this line. I think the explosive success of the film is making them reevaluate their initial offerings and they're likely putting a little more effort into him. I'm still banking on a laughing sculpt and the blaster he has while on top of the Milano when they're about to bust out Quill.

Seriously, I never expected Drax to be as good as he was in that movie. Hilarious.

The fact they released an updated HS for Star-Lord gives me high hopes that they're still tweaking this guy.

Agreed. I think HT are gonna flip an Ace with this guy and we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

I hope :pray:

Can you imagine if they did re-sculpt Drax and it's dead-on along with making Rocket furry? I like Rocket as is but flocking would be awesome too if it was done right.

Can you imagine if they did re-sculpt Drax and it's dead-on along with making Rocket furry? I like Rocket as is but flocking would be awesome too if it was done right.

Would make for one impressive shelf that's for sure! Looking like the whole line will be jaw dropping. Furry Rocket would've been fantastic.

Anyone with news on this guy?

Every time I see this thread has been bumped I get a pang of excitement, hoping for some news :(

Is anyone just getting Drax and none of the other guardians?

Nah, but I am only getting Drax and Star-Lord. I'll wait for the GOTG 2 versions of everyone else.

Nah, but I am only getting Drax and Star-Lord. I'll wait for the GOTG 2 versions of everyone else.
Just curious on what that would be... Didn't follow GOTG comics... Does the outfits or weapons get better?

We could always get The team in their classic Blue outfits in the second from which we actually somewhat got a tease of at the end of the first movie, or we can go Marvel NOW, which is where I REALLY hope they go for Gamora at least since I'm not a fan of her movie look till the Ravager uniforms. LOVE Gamora's Marvel NOW uniform. It's very Mass Effect inspired. Shall post pics when I get ho,e but you can google image the different costumes.

The only thing that's kinda making me hesitate on Drax is if they do get a better body and likeness for the GOTG 2 fig. That's why I hope they nail this first release or I'll pass.

Right on! Groot and Rocket for me this first round.
We could always get The team in their classic Blue outfits in the second from which we actually somewhat got a tease of at the end of the first movie, or we can go Marvel NOW, which is where I REALLY hope they go for Gamora at least since I'm not a fan of her movie look till the Ravager uniforms. LOVE Gamora's Marvel NOW uniform. It's very Mass Effect inspired. Shall post pics when I get ho,e but you can google image the different costumes.

The only thing that's kinda making me hesitate on Drax is if they do get a better body and likeness for the GOTG 2 fig. That's why I hope they nail this first release or I'll pass.

Back