1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

I hope they take their time.... Spring of next year is going to absolutely murder the wallet.

Exactly and it's not like people will get bored of GotG and not bother with him - we all need him to comllete the set :wink1:
I'd be happy if they time him for the Bluray release. This hobby be damn expensive :thud:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Loved Drax in the movie, hopefully he gets a quality figure and not the turd shown at SDCC

Maybe the delay in putting him up for order is based on the critiques from SDCC and they are doing an additional headsculpt?

I thought he was a more blue/grey. I read an article where they said they avoided green because they didn't want people thinking Hulk/Avengers.

Well it'd make sense, his only accessories would be his knives. If they wanna attach a $200+ price tag they are gonna need another head.

Normal face and an angry one and I'm happy.

Well it'd make sense, his only accessories would be his knives. If they wanna attach a $200+ price tag they are gonna need another head.

Indeed. Fingers crossed for crazy, laughing head. Loved that scene.

^^ Haha yeah that would be pretty great

The other 4 went up pretty quick which makes me think they are doing some work on him, which would be good news. I also hope they are working on a Ronan.

So. Here's my theory. Marty McFly was MMS257, Gamora is MMS259, my guess is that Drax was supposed to be the next release (MMS258) but he's been pushed back due to the negative feedback over the prototype.

I'm ready to be told I'm wrong.

So. Iron Man Mk XXXVI Peacemaker has just been announced as MMS258. That puts a dent in an otherwise damn fine theory...

Well, it's not like these figures are due to come out anytime soon. So I'll choose to believe that the longer it takes to reveal Drax, the more they're working on him.

...And then when they reveal him a month from now, and he looks exactly the same as the SDCC prototype, I'll be pissed.

Well, it's not like these figures are due to come out anytime soon. So I'll choose to believe that the longer it takes to reveal Drax, the more they're working on him.

...And then when they reveal him a month from now, and he looks exactly the same as the SDCC prototype, I'll be pissed.
We will probably see a major improvement like how they did with TDW loki.

That would be a little annoying. Hopefully HT is re-visiting this and has something really cool to show us soon. Such a cool character....deserves a good figure....

Finally got the free time to see the movie. Easily the best Marvel movie to date. With that said, Drax became my favorite character of the group. When the hell will Sideshow announce him for PO??

At this point it's getting a little weird that they popped 4/5 out bang bang bang and it's been so long without hearing anything about poor Drax?

I am not sure where I am remember getting this info from but I thought he was coming with the Rocket Launcher he shoots Nebula with?

Edit: Nevermind its from the SDCC display haha, its on the floor next to him.

Back