1/6 Hot Toys – MMS355 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

How much do you guys think he will go up for?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys – MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Drax The Destroyer Collectible Figu

Guessing $230

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say 230-250 is the price to expect

I bet he comes with a "Richard Yang annoyed the **** out of us for months" tax and he's like $600.

He's still posting Drax pictures all over Plastic Enemies too...

Wait let me get this straight.
Drax was shown last year at SDCC and then the long delay.
Quicksilver was never shown in the AOU lineup.
Both were recently shown at an overseas con with improvements to Drax.
Quicksilver was released first?
WTF?

When they where shown makes no difference. They are from different films, meaning they have different approval process and people involved. One is essentially a head and some clothing. The other requires all new tooling for head, arms, chest..plus clothing. The one show. At sdcc last year of drax doesn't count in any way. As it was essentially thrown away and they started over completly.

Each film has its own set of managers at marvel and its own approvals. Each figure has its own unique issues. The comparison your attempting to make doesn't have any impact on how it really works.

and quicksilver was not released first. It hasn't been released. So that part is wrong as well.

A polite way to say that is that drax still has some licensing and development issues while quicksilver is from a different line and less complicated to make, especially since they're not pursuing the licensed clothes anymore. Obviously you meant to say that quicksilver went up for pre order first, not released.

That's true. But the statement I responded to wasn't worded in a "polite" manner either. I saw no reason to extend a curtesy that wasn't shown first. He didn't ask politely..which could easily have been done. And since he's been a member here since 2007 he obviously doesn't care how things actually work and just wanted to complain. I've explained why this situation is how it is, both in a "hypothesis based on common sense" and am insiders view. Multiple times. And there are plenty of others would could have also explained why the analogy was flawed. If he where new I could maybe understand. Maybe. But seeing as he's been a collector for at least 8 years it's beciase he didn't want to know. Or didn't care. But did want to complain even though he didn't understand the basics of how the process works. And the last phrase he typed summed it up nicely. After 8 years, at least, WTF.

I can certainly see Dave in the head sculpt.

Like many others I'm sure, just picked up Gamora as I was waiting to make sure this got released. Good use of rewards points. =)

WTF?

Drax = Full custom head and body sculpt + costume and accessories.

Quicksilver = Custom Head sculpt on a standard TTM body + costume w/o accessories.

So yeah. Quicksilver was a hell of a lot faster to develop and obviously not slowed by the same kind of issues that have been apparent with Drax.

WTF?

Jack-Sparrow-GIF-johnny-depp-22453635-500-200.gif

When they where shown makes no difference. They are from different films, meaning they have different approval process and people involved. One is essentially a head and some clothing. The other requires all new tooling for head, arms, chest..plus clothing. The one show. At sdcc last year of drax doesn't count in any way. As it was essentially thrown away and they started over completly.

Each film has its own set of managers at marvel and its own approvals. Each figure has its own unique issues. The comparison your attempting to make doesn't have any impact on how it really works.

and quicksilver was not released first. It hasn't been released. So that part is wrong as well.

Well the prototype of quicksilver was shown 1 day earlier before they showed the new prototype of Drax.... I'm hoping for Drax in the next 3 weeks. Considering there's still Nick Fury and HT can be a **** sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drax this week anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just looking at the new pics. This still falls way short. Do they have a thing against big muscles?

Back