Hot Toys – MMS272D08 – Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Hot Rod (Mark XXII)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*sigh* hot toys drops the ball again. You can see how lazy they are with this release due to the fact that they can't even finish the flame / red paint job. With garbage like this and Rehashing other figures like the bank robber, ancient predator and many other supposed exclusives it's easy as a collector to pass on 75% of the crap they have been pushing out. Still no prometheus Shaw, David, or Engineer. Still no X-men wheels aka xavier or magneto..... Just repainted garbage like this or rehash after rehash of the same crap...... Thank God they decided to make something original like Mcfly and the guardians or I would honestly be up a creek without a paddle.
With due respect to your view on the subject, Hot Toys is after all a business. And a business will churn out products that keep it rolling, case in point here being IM figures. I believe that the sales from these figures help in funding other projects or sort out licensing issues/acquire new ones. I agree that they have not delivered on some of their commitments and I do not wish to discuss the technicalities behind it but I think they'll eventually come forth; McFly was one of the steps in that progress.

BTW, the flame-deco is complete on the prototype albeit it blends subtly into the dual tone colour.

This is not one I'm going to buy, but to get upset about it is silly. They make it because it sells. Because it has lower production cost because of tool reuse. They are not making this at the expense of another project. It's to fund other projects. So they can take a risk on unknown or new tooled projects.

As for this being diecast and HB or SC not...it's because the original was diecast. WM2 was diecast. This is reusing that figures tooling. So it's going to be the same material.

Even more tiring is people constantly reminding people of how tired they are ...

Can't agree more with you. If your tired of iron man don't buy it. Not sure why people look at threads that don't relate to a figure they like. Feels like people complain for the sake of complaining.
I don't like terminator but I'm not on those threads complaining.

*sigh* hot toys drops the ball again. You can see how lazy they are with this release due to the fact that they can't even finish the flame / red paint job. With garbage like this and Rehashing other figures like the bank robber, ancient predator and many other supposed exclusives it's easy as a collector to pass on 75% of the crap they have been pushing out. Still no prometheus Shaw, David, or Engineer. Still no X-men wheels aka xavier or magneto..... Just repainted garbage like this or rehash after rehash of the same crap...... Thank God they decided to make something original like Mcfly and the guardians or I would honestly be up a creek without a paddle.

Most of what you're blaming HT for in this is not HT's fault at all. It's not like they designed the Iron Man armors from the movie. Also there is a reason the Prometheus and X-men figures weren't made, it's not like they can make whatever they want, they need approval and licensing too. I do agree that the 2.0's are kind of annoying at times, but they are nice for people who didn't get or didn't like the originals.

Most of what you're blaming HT for in this is not HT's fault at all. It's not like they designed the Iron Man armors from the movie. Also there is a reason the Prometheus and X-men figures weren't made, it's not like they can make whatever they want, they need approval and licensing too. I do agree that the 2.0's are kind of annoying at times, but they are nice for people who didn't get or didn't like the originals.

It's not Hot Toys fault???? :slap:slap They're the ones that keep putting out the same figure with different color and part variations. As for the licening they've been waiting 3-4 years for X-men and Prometheus.

Can't agree more with you. If your tired of iron man don't buy it. Not sure why people look at threads that don't relate to a figure they like. Feels like people complain for the sake of complaining.
I don't like terminator but I'm not on those threads complaining.

The only thing I tire of is the waiting game, when I see a new suit I want it NOW!!! Or better yet, yesterday. lol ;)

It's not Hot Toys fault???? :slap:slap They're the ones that keep putting out the same figure with different color and part variations. As for the licening they've been waiting 3-4 years for X-men and Prometheus.

Haven't we been through why the X-men license has stalled? We all know why, Howard has told us why.
Over the last couple of weeks Hot Toys have given us lots of Star Wars, malificent, commando, batman and Alfred armoury, predators etc.

Really not seeing why people both complaining about an iron man fig.
Yes it's a repaint, yes it uses the same parts,
But who really cares? If you do then don't buy it. Pretty simple.

If your sick of seeing iron man repaints and rehashed parts, then maybe don't look in the new threads when they come out because they ALL will come out.

There's not much point complaining about the Iron Man figures because people buy them, Hot Toys won't stop making them, and we still get other awesome releases too. I think that this figure looks really great, but I won't buy him because I can't afford to start collecting Iron Man. I hope the paint works out fine in the final release.

I have just begin collecting hot toys and side show and Bowen collectibles. I find it strange that they devote so much to iron man for sure but if the market demands it they will keep them coming. I myself have no problem with them. I will not purchase one but they need to make money too so whatever. I will however purchase any and all star wars figures and I also would like to see a lot more from the xmen. They need to spread the love around a little more. If they were using better business since I think they would release less of iron man and really make a lot of different figures that would keep there value up with so many different iron man figures it drives down the market and the amount people would be wanting another iron man. At this point I'm waiting to see the rainbow super hippie iron man complete with tie dye paint and dreadlocks it just kinda going that way

Well hot toys can only release what it has rights to. I'm still dying for a ******ing Fassbender Magneto

well,+there+it+is.+the+stupidest+F%u002527cking+thing+I%u002527ll+read+all+day.jpg

There is a very simple reason Hot Toys are not making all the niche figures, peeps bang on about, every time a new Iron Man figure is released.. you didn't buy Mime Joker.. it is an awesome figure, it is also niche and unusual.. and it is now being heavily discounted.. that is why you cannot have nice things.. the end.

I gotta say, my head did hurt a little

Hot toys just had way too much creative control with IM 3, Shane Black and Kevin Feigi should never have put their toys into the film, just gave HT's all the merchandising freedom they could have hoped for....

Hot toys just had way too much creative control with IM 3, Shane Black and Kevin Feigi should never have put their toys into the film, just gave HT's all the merchandising freedom they could have hoped for....

Damn hot toys influenced Joss Whedon too! They made the 43 a repaint of the 42!

Obtaining the licensing rights is not something that you can buy straight off from a grocery store. Sometimes, it maybe as simple as that but the corporate biggies hold up their egos with a clenched **** thereby causing delays and cancellations not to mention the rights to the likeness of an actor/actress.

Repaints and variants have been around ever since they first started making toys. It's a business model. They are apparently profitable so why would they stop producing them?

Back