Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelled.

Just re-watched BTTF and BTTF II, and currently watching III.

And it occurred to me that there's no place for Marty McFly in my collection. Which is good because the DeLorean would be tempting, and there's really no physical space for that.

What I did realize, in light of Hot Toys' present return to the '80s, is that I'd rather have this check-shirted and "life preserver" wearing guy:

4522118_std.jpg

Attachments

• Burke-Paul-Reiser.jpg
    Burke-Paul-Reiser.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 201
Probably just waiting to release Marty. Doc is probably still a WIP

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

When they unveiled marty they had enough time to make just one,thats why the marty figure was on SDCC and not on anicom,. In another interview he said that doc is coming but it hasnt been made yet.

I don't think it would be feasible to release 1 version of the car that could cover all 4 versions, as by part 3, it had quite a few add-ons. Realistically, i think 1 release should cover part 1 and 2 (folding wheels + Mr. Fusion, with add-on parts for the Plutonium chamber / Big Hook). That would take care of the majority of collectors. If sales are good, there could be a 2nd version for the hardcore fans (with big houses) with a dustier paintjob, electronics on the hood and a choice of Whitewalls or railroad wheels.

See that is what worries me. I do not want to get the V1 delorean if the Hover conversion version would come later. Do I roll the dice and skip the first or not? Thats the question.

I think its safe to say they'll only do one iteration of the delorean and that will be from the first movie. Its highly unlikely they'll do 2 unless there is huge market demand for it which there isn't. Most people are happy with the delorean from the first movie. It wouldn't make sense to make a second just to add on hover wheels and a mr fusion on the back.

I wouldn't mind if HT didn't make figs from the 3rd movie, didn't care too much for it. I guess it tied up a few of the loose ends and all.

Personally I think the second movie is one of the best sequels ever made, very nearly as good as the original.

I love the bit where old Biff meets his younger self. 'Get the hell out of my car old man'

I so hope HT make a Biff, we need the bad guy from this franchise. :exactly:

I wouldn't mind if HT didn't make figs from the 3rd movie, didn't care too much for it. I guess it tied up a few of the loose ends and all.

My younger self loved Pt2 most of all, but i have come to appreciate Pt3 as time has gone on.
Pt2 capitalised on the fanbase loving Pt1 and reliving the original movie to an extent from different angles with some of the later scenes.

Personally I think the second movie is one of the best sequels ever made, very nearly as good as the original.
Agreed, and in some ways, it was better. But there wasn't a lot of tension with a car that could fly at 88mph, so they did have to go back to the "Car doesn't work" formula of the first movie for Pt3. And i love that. The Delorean sitting in 1885 has the POTENTIAL to travel through time with the Mr.Fusion powering it, but cannot get up to 88mph. It's genius. So much power in that car, and it cannot use it.

I love the bit where old Biff meets his younger self. 'Get the hell out of my car old man'

He told me he was a distant relation... I didn't see any resemblance....

My ultimate figure would be Buford(Imagine the detail on his costume!).
It will not happen, but it's a great idea.

Part 1 is the ultimate for me. If they made figures from part II, I would be all over their 2015 outfits. Other than that, I'm good. I also wouldn't need figures from part 3. Especially Clara. God she was awful and annoying. :lol

I actually think the sequel is better then the original although I didn't care for the 3rd one at all. Too soppy and uninteresting. The sequel does ' the future' storylines very well and the time travel story arc's are really interesting particularly where they go back to 1955 to prevent the alternate 1985 occurring. Personally though I love the part where marty sees his future household and its basically him playing the characters of his daughter, son and husband lol.

I think when they say human characters I am sure it will be different iterations of Mary and Doc, I would highly doubt there will be a DX Biff Tannen haha.

Pity if that is the case. I'd love a Biff figure, every collection needs a villain - just can't see it happening though with this line! :(

Back