Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:panic:I can not believe 29 years since this movie came out!! WHERE HAS TIME GONE???????????????????????????????:slap

Bah, been waiting 29 years for this figure and they stuff up the face. I can't stand that expression. It's okay for a movie poster but not for a figure. What where they thinking? I'll wait for BTTF2 Marty...hopefully they'll fix it up by then.

Bah, been waiting 29 years for this figure and they stuff up the face. I can't stand that expression. It's okay for a movie poster but not for a figure. What where they thinking? I'll wait for BTTF2 Marty...hopefully they'll fix it up by then.

I wouldn't hold your breath on any other Marty but this one. I agree on the expression. It's a really nice set and that's the one big let down for me.

MMS257 = Marty
MMS259 = Gamora

So who is MMS258?

images

I agree there is a little wiggle room for the sculpt but, *glass half full*, it's better than anything else out there. Worst case scenario, you can buy the head for $50 on Ebay, have it 3d scanned and any one of a hundred people could tweak the mesh point cloud and you could have the face you *want* printed out.

I wouldn't hold your breath on any other Marty but this one. I agree on the expression. It's a really nice set and that's the one big let down for me.

Really?
I think there will definitely be a 2nd movie car and future Marty.

3 is the bigger question. :D

Really?
I think there will definitely be a 2nd movie car and future Marty.

3 is the bigger question. :D

If these sell insanely well, then anything's possible I guess. A future Marty might be a possibility, but another car... I don't see it happening at all.

I dunno sales on this one seem pretty high. They would be fools to not release a future Marty. It's the same outfit they have now with different shoes and jacket.

Where are people getting the idea they are gonna release another Delorean? The likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
I do think however we will see the future incarnation of marty complete with jacket and light up boots as HC has said they will doing characters from all 3 movies. That will be the one to get.

I dunno sales on this one seem pretty high. They would be fools to not release a future Marty. It's the same outfit they have now with different shoes and jacket.

We don't know how high sales are really, because we don't know the ES of this one. I think this license would be a classic case of diminishing returns, where a majority of folks would be satisfied with the one set and without feeling the need to invest further in the line.

Where are people getting the idea they are gonna release another Delorean? I think the likelihood of that happening is slim to none.
I do think however we will see the future incarnation of marty complete with jacket and light up boots as HC has said they will doing characters from all 3 movies. That will be the one to get.

...but what would I know. All I can say is that I'd be surprised to see a future Marty, and gobsmacked to see a second DeLorean.

A second delorean would be a variant... Much like the camo tumbler. It very well could happen. The delorean will surely sell very well to warrant it. I personally wish the version they have coming came with the parts to make it into the 2nd movie version.

A second delorean would be a variant... Much like the camo tumbler. It very well could happen. The delorean will surely sell very well to warrant it. I personally wish the version they have coming came with the parts to make it into the 2nd movie version.

Not like the Camo Tumbler...that was a simple repaint. A second DeLorean would have to have all new parts. At the most, I could see them releasing accessory packs with things like Mr. Fusion or the 1950's style wheels and tires, and the train track configuration wheels and hood attachment. But really, the best thing they could do is include ALL of that with the DeLorean release in the first place, (like the 89 Batmobile includes gadgets seen in both Burton films) so that the customer could easily swap out the parts and display whichever version they want at the moment.

We'll likely see a Doc, but don't hold your breath waiting for a dedicated BTTF II Marty McFly or DeLorean. As DarkMagic stated, an accessories pack and interchangeable car parts are very strong possibilities.

If they include a Mr. Fusion, swap-out hovering tires, white walls and iron wheels, that old-timey hood contraption from Part III and different license plates, the car could very well tip in at $850+.

We'll likely see a Doc, but don't hold your breath waiting for a dedicated BTTF II Marty McFly or DeLorean. As DarkMagic stated, an accessories pack and interchangeable car parts are very strong possibilities.

If they include a Mr. Fusion, swap-out hovering tires, white walls and iron wheels, that old-timey hood contraption from Part III and different license plates, the car could very well tip in at $850+.

Howard Chan said they were making figures from all three movies. If they are going to make any figure from II, it will certainly be 2015 Marty to coincide with the "anniversary." Mark it down as guaranteed.

With respect to another Delorean, I really hope the stuff from II comes with this one, but we'll see.

Back