Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching BTTF III now. The continuity is a bit tricky with the whole Clara thing. Doc mentions her in his letter to Marty (who was again stranded in 1955), Marty travels back to 1885 to rescue Doc from being shot by Tannen (arriving after Doc has written this letter) and yet Doc apparently hasn't even met Clara yet. So.......

How can he have mentioned her in the letter?

Very few continuity errors in BTTF. They tend to have thought of most things.
Although some small mistakes have been known to have been made, this wasn't one of them, lol.

EmmettBrown2.jpg

What about the fact she was supposed to die falling into the ravine? How does that work...considering she erects that tombstone. Doesn't the ravine incident happen before the monday that Doc was supposed to be shot dead?

I know you'd swear I'd never seen the film before and that I hadn't literally just watched it an hour ago.

What about the fact she was supposed to die falling into the ravine? How does that work...considering she erects that tombstone. Doesn't the ravine incident happen before the monday that Doc was supposed to be shot dead?

I know you'd swear I'd never seen the film before and that I hadn't literally just watched it an hour ago.

Doc changed the time line after Marty came to 1885 when he saved.... Oh... My.... You're right. :lol

It works like this:

Before anyone went back to 1885 Clara falls in the ravine and dies.

Then we have the timeline where Doc goes back but is killed by Buford. In this timeline he volunteers to pick Clara up from the train station and she lives.

Finally when Marty goes back Doc decides not to go get Clara which causes her to head out on her own and she is almost killed but is rescued by Doc.

Marty remembers the ravine as Clayton Ravine because the ripple effect hadn't caught up yet, which is also why 1885 Doc doesn't know that he gave Marty the silly western clothes so it all makes sense.

From the second movie maybe, but the license schamozzle with the first won't even let us have one in 1/18 :(

I still have hope that we'll see a 1/18 of the Interceptor from "Mad Max" from AutoArt sometime in the near future...I'd much rather have that version than the Road Warrior one...

It works like this:

Then we have the timeline where Doc goes back but is killed by Buford. In this timeline he volunteers to pick Clara up from the train station and she lives.

Finally when Marty goes back Doc decides not to go get Clara which causes her to head out on her own and she is almost killed but is rescued by Doc.

Marty remembers the ravine as Clayton Ravine because the ripple effect hadn't caught up yet, which is also why 1885 Doc doesn't know that he gave Marty the silly western clothes so it all makes sense.

Phew! You saved my faith in BTTF.

I got one.

The rules of BTTF is if you change something in the past you return to an altered future not the same future. (marry returns to a future with his Parents different)

They break this rule once. Old Biff goes back to 1955 and gives himself the Almanac but instead of returning to a future where he is rich he returns to the standard 2015 as if the changes never occurred.

I got one.

The rules of BTTF is if you change something in the past you return to an altered future not the same future. (marry returns to a future with his Parents different)

They break this rule once. Old Biff goes back to 1955 and gives himself the Almanac but instead of returning to a future where he is rich he returns to the standard 2015 as if the changes never occurred.

Watch it again. As Old Biff climbs out of the Delorean he is starting to feel the effects of the time lines adjusting. Marty, doc, and Jennifer are just able to leave before they notice.

It works like this:

I think I follow. So there's no predestination paradoxes here, entire timelines take place independently of eachother.

In the unaltered 1885 timeline Clara does die in that ravine, Doc is never there.
In the first instance of an altered 1885 Doc really does finish his days there, never again seeing Marty. He writes the letter, buries the Delorean, meets - and by meeting unknowingly saves - Clara and they fall in love only for Doc to be killed by Tannen a very short time later.
In the second variation of 1885 Marty arrives back and events unfold as we are shown.

It's all pretty cool. I love the way II and III repeat certain scenes and scenarios from the first film. Such as Clara visiting Doc at his workshop while he and Marty are working on their plan mirroring the scene in the first film where Lorraine visits Marty as he and Doc work on the plan for the clocktower lightning strike.
Terminator 2 mirrored the first Terminator like this. Some people don't like that but I dunno, I think its cool.

I got one.

Originally as Biff exits the Delorean he fades from existence. The idea was Loraine had shot and killed him around 1995 so he never got to grow old. Because the ripple effect takes time to catch up with the changes Biff lived long enough to bring the Delorean back to 2015.

We're meant to assume everything changes around Marty and Doc, it's just not so obvious they or we notice. It's likely old Marty and Jennifer don't live in that house anymore but the film makers made sure to get Marty and Doc out of the house before Biff came back so they wouldn't see anything had changed.

Watch it again. As Old Biff climbs out of the Delorean he is starting to feel the effects of the time lines adjusting. Marty, doc, and Jennifer are just able to leave before they notice.

I've always assumed that was just Biff being old and arthritic having a hard time getting out of the car but yeah maybe you're right. Marty fading out of existence in the first film seemed to cause physical discomfort to him so this would be consistent.

I've always assumed that was just Biff being old and arthritic having a hard time getting out of the car but yeah maybe you're right. Marty fading out of existence in the first film seemed to cause physical discomfort to him so this would be consistent.

:woo :hi5: :goodpost:

So many reasons why I love BTTF. It's a never ending talk about how time travel works. It amazes me how they thought of all of that while writing the film. Each time travel event works very well and it has an answer to it.

There's a deleted scene on the DVD that explicitly shows biff fading out

Originally as Biff exits the Delorean he fades from existence. The idea was Loraine had shot and killed him around 1995 so he never got to grow old. Because the ripple effect takes time to catch up with the changes Biff lived long enough to bring the Delorean back to 2015.

We're meant to assume everything changes around Marty and Doc, it's just not so obvious they or we notice. It's likely old Marty and Jennifer don't live in that house anymore but the film makers made sure to get Marty and Doc out of the house before Biff came back so they wouldn't see anything had changed.

So they go into the house to get Jennifer then exit, then Biff returns and the world around Marty and Doc changes but they don't notice since they don't see any people around. Wow that actually works :clap

Back