Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the 3-5 week thing is a little bit of CYA in case there is some dock delay. I bet it shows up sooner.

I guess it's nice to know it's coming at some point... crazy how we used to plan on a month or so between first pictures and having it in-hand. Now it's months after the fact.

I guess it's nice to know it's coming at some point... crazy how we used to plan on a month or so between first pictures and having it in-hand. Now it's months after the fact.

Forget the excusable 3-5 weeks notice, what's really important is knowing we can ALSO expect to be receiving the DeL either later this year /early next. AND I believe they will also make a Doc ( endless tasty accessories to choose from) and yes, a Einstein too ( he WAS the first time traveler) although don't expect much based on the Jonesy sculpt.

Nice pix Bros -- and terrific pix from the rest of the gang!

woohoo!! Marty has arrived! Real pics with my actual camera to come later!

image11_zpsa2ykv5le.jpg

image131_zpsr22ymqh6.jpg

Mcfly arrived

i'm so happy, omfg :yess:

11215121_824922234228048_8978574686728171206_n.jpg

Last edited:
This statement would be true if today's date was march 8th as opposed to may.

March 8 to May is not a huge difference in my opinion. Unless you're 12, it's all relative. Being in my 30's, the months blend into each other. Before I know it will be August, and then before I know it will be December. The months used to drag on, but now they seem to just whisk by. More than I would like. I am not one who likes to rush time or see it go by in a flicker. I suppose losing my dad at a young age has taught me that. And of course as I get older, time just seems to clip away. Just saying, while it is being delayed, I know it will make its way to me. I am excited to get this as much as the next person. But whining about a difference of two or even three months, knowing I will still be getting it doesn't change the dynamic/situation. It's wasted anxiety/stress over something I can't control, and in the scheme of things I have found that the anticipation of getting something is sometimes more exciting than the end result. Once it's in-hand (again, don't get me wrong, I'll be in heaven!), I don't have anything coming to me until Dec 2015/Jan 2016. So it's kind of nice still having something to look forward to, and this is a grail figure for me. Back to the Future is my favourite Hollywood franchise. Patience has been a problem of mine until the last few years. It's kind of nice having one less thing to concern yourself over.

March 8 to May is not a huge difference in my opinion. Unless you're 12, it's all relative. Being in my 30's, the months blend into each other. Before I know it will be August, and then before I know it will be December. The months used to drag on, but now they seem to just whisk by. More than I would like. I am not one who likes to rush time or see it go by in a flicker. I suppose losing my dad at a young age has taught me that. And of course as I get older, time just seems to clip away. Just saying, while it is being delayed, I know it will make its way to me. I am excited to get this as much as the next person. But whining about a difference of two or even three months, knowing I will still be getting it doesn't change the dynamic/situation. It's wasted anxiety/stress over something I can't control, and in the scheme of things I have found that the anticipation of getting something is sometimes more exciting than the end result. Once it's in-hand (again, don't get me wrong, I'll be in heaven!), I don't have anything coming to me until Dec 2015/Jan 2016. So it's kind of nice still having something to look forward to, and this is a grail figure for me. Back to the Future is my favourite Hollywood franchise. Patience has been a problem of mine until the last few years. It's kind of nice having one less thing to concern yourself over.

Well said Eli.

Fair enough, different strokes and all that jazz I guess. I am in my 30s also but I work in a "wanted that yesterday" industry where coming up short on a target date is unacceptable. So delays don't stress me out but I do find them annoying. I realize delays seem to be par for the course in this hobby, especially for fans of more niche licenses. Doesn't stop me from b$&*ng though. Anyway I am also very excited for Marty, delorean, hopefully doc, and really anything iconic 80s. :duff

Excellent pictures! I still have to wait a couple more months. But I know that the wait will be worth it! [emoji41]

...the months blend into each other. Before I know it will be August, and then before I know it will be December. The months used to drag on, but now they seem to just whisk by. More than I would like.

Time is perverse. The more fun you're having the quicker it goes. Key to a long life: be miserable and loathe every minute of it.

Great pics Alpha and diego! :clap I'll be sure to check out that video review.

Very few bad pics of this figure. Maybe Marty looks better because he broke up the Marvel monotony. Or maybe he's just a great figure. Either way, I can't wait for this to get here.

Just unboxed and posed this guy! I think it's the best straight out of the box Hot Toys I've collected so far. Poses great, descent amount of accessories and excellent craftsmanship.

Thought about getting the Nike and JVC decals but I am passing. Didnt make that much of a difference to me.

IMG_8405.JPG

IMG_8421.JPG

I still have to wait 3 to 5 weeks for mine to be delivered. Can't wait. I need more detolf shelves. Anyone got a lead? I tried ordering on line but they don't deliver them anymore even though I'm three hours away.

Back