Hot Toys – MMS257 – Back to the Future: 1/6th scale Marty McFly Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got Marty all setup and with a new legend studio case on my new workstation setup.

setup_zpsvrvjqka2.jpg

IMG_4453_zpsy1s0brob.jpg

I always wanted to get one of those, looks really good with Marty.:clap

Thanks guys! I do love the case but I do have a few small gripes about it. It's the Legend Studio Lighthouse Lighted Display Case | Sideshow Collectibles and cost me $82.22 USA shipped from Cali to NY. For some reason most other places I looked was anywhere from $20-$100 more expensive. :dunno

1- The plastic base and top (both Identical pieces) feel extremely cheap like something you'd pick up from a dollar store.

2- You plug in all the LEDS individually into the base (which is normally a fine idea) but many of them don't snap in comfortably and tend to wobble and lose electrical connection when being manipulated and I've even had one lose connection and turning off just from me bumping into my desk. So I had to open it back up without smudging the acrylic and wiggle the LED around until it turned back on and carefully close the case.

3- From what I've read if any of the LEDS go bad they don't sell replacement LEDS which completely defeats the purpose of having them easily plug and unplug from the base. (If anyone knows where to buy any replacement LEDS please let me know.)

4- The front piece of acrylic slides down into the plastic by a spring allowing you to angle it and eject it from the case to get access to the figure. The first few times I've done this it caused scuffs and scratches on the base and top of the acrylic.

5- The USB cable is only about a foot 1/2 long. If you don't want to use USB power though it does take 6 AAA batteries. 3 in top, and 3 in bottom.

All that being said it looks great while lit up and displayed I just hope it doesn't break because it definitely feels super cheap.

Thanks guys! I do love the case but I do have a few small gripes about it. It's the Legend Studio Lighthouse Lighted Display Case | Sideshow Collectibles and cost me $82.22 USA shipped from Cali to NY. For some reason most other places I looked was anywhere from $20-$100 more expensive. Shrug.

1- The plastic base and top (both Identical pieces) feel extremely cheap like something you'd pick up from a dollar store.

2- You plug in all the LEDS individually into the base (which is normally a fine idea) but many of them don't snap in comfortably and tend to wobble and lose electrical connection when being manipulated and I've even had one lose connection and turning off just from me bumping into my desk. So I had to open it back up without smudging the acrylic and wiggle the LED around until it turned back on and carefully close the case.

3- From what I've read if any of the LEDS go bad they don't sell replacement LEDS which completely defeats the purpose of having them easily plug and unplug from the base. (If anyone knows where to buy any replacement LEDS please let me know.)

4- The front piece of acrylic slides down into the plastic by a spring allowing you to angle it and eject it from the case to get access to the figure. The first few times I've done this it caused scuffs and scratches on the base and top of the acrylic.

5- The USB cable is only about a foot 1/2 long. If you don't want to use USB power though it does take 6 AAA batteries. 3 in top, and 3 in bottom.

All that being said it looks great while lit up and displayed I just hope it doesn't break because it definitely feels super cheap.

Thanks! I found this to be very helpful :hi5:

If anyone wants a guitar for Marty,i have a HT The Crow guitar which is close enough if you missed out on the exclusive.I have no need for it anymore so im happy to help someone who wants one.

Last edited:
Yes,it's the Crow one im parting with.I cancelled my Marty so im sure someone else needs this more than i do.

Got Marty all setup and with a new legend studio case on my new workstation setup.

setup_zpsvrvjqka2.jpg

Ah man, I have 4 of these display cases and the majority of them started failing within 3 months of owning them. The rumour about LED lights flickering, dimming and then slowly dying is sadly very much true. As is the fact you cannot get replacement LED lights anywhere and none of the stores that sell the cases can even get in touch with Legend re: this issue.

Hopefully yours last the test of time, mine sadly have not faired well and will likely end up modified with LED strips fitted to the roof and floor in the future.

setup_zpsvrvjqka2.jpg

Ah man, I have 4 of these display cases and the majority of them started failing within 3 months of owning them. The rumour about LED lights flickering, dimming and then slowly dying is sadly very much true. As is the fact you cannot get replacement LED lights anywhere and none of the stores that sell the cases can even get in touch with Legend re: this issue.

Hopefully yours last the test of time, mine sadly have not faired well and will likely end up modified with LED strips fitted to the roof and floor in the future.

Sorry that you've had bad luck with your case. I only have one but it's been running great since I got it. I actually leave it on too much and use it for ambient light in our theater room. You can buy replacement lights though. I think it's packaged as a display stand where you get a smaller base and 4 lights. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT: Found it at BBTS but it's sold out ATM. I'm sure you can find it elsewhere easily enough.
Legend Studio Master Light Base - Black - Legend Studios Display Cases

Yeah I've seen those, but in the UK they're priced at more than twice that. Nearly half the cost of the case itself, and it's only 4 LED's vs 8. I appreciate it though :)

Personally I wouldn't buy those cases again and instead get something custom made and use LED strips or something.

Cancellations are not a good sign if we want to see a Doc Brown. We need Marty to sell real well.

Back