Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a while since I've been on the forums, and slightly just as long since I've bought a new Hot Toy, but my god, I will say the detail on this figure is spectacular! I've been tinkering with him all night and loving the detail on it, and although I prefer the helmet head, I cannot fight the urge to use the Quill head. Overall I'm pretty happy with the QC of the figure, but it is clear that some of the quality in Hot Toys has dipped, but with this figure the detail & tailoring is outstanding. Here is the pic/pose I'm picking for the night, more to come, and it's great to be back!

11054365_10155581322805508_7018266366781400842_n.jpg

It's been a while since I've been on the forums, and slightly just as long since I've bought a new Hot Toy, but my god, I will say the detail on this figure is spectacular! I've been tinkering with him all night and loving the detail on it, and although I prefer the helmet head, I cannot fight the urge to use the Quill head. Overall I'm pretty happy with the QC of the figure, but it is clear that some of the quality in Hot Toys has dipped, but with this figure the detail & tailoring is outstanding. Here is the pic/pose I'm picking for the night, more to come, and it's great to be back!

11054365_10155581322805508_7018266366781400842_n.jpg

I love it! :yess: I really like the poster in the background too (what I can see of it anyhow).

Thank you! Here is the poster not blocked by Star Lord . . . I just need to get the Tyler Stout Guardians poster now . . .

Oh, that is beautiful! I have the Mondo Drive SteelBook bluray with Stout's artwork, he really is amazing. I wish you luck on getting the Guardians poster!

I think the figure, depending on the pose looks so much better with the painted blue walkman w/decals.... its a small thing but makes a big difference, just like the orange on the headphones...

What color blue are people using? I definitely want the decals, but not sure if I I want to paint it.

I think the figure, depending on the pose looks so much better with the painted blue walkman w/decals.... its a small thing but makes a big difference, just like the orange on the headphones...

Me too. I haven't really used the Walkman in any poses because I dislike them right now. I just ordered the decals and put orange foam on the headphones yesterday though. I cannot wait to change it!

Me too. I haven't really used the Walkman in any poses because I dislike them right now. I just ordered the decals and put orange foam on the headphones yesterday though. I cannot wait to change it!
Cool :hi5: I always look forward to seeing your photos. They are some of the best in the thread. I've been here from the start and I can honestly say I'd put your in the top 3. Very nice work
My Star-Lord EX should be here today! Too bad I have to work tonight and won't have time to post pics.
:thud: bad timing.... but something to look forward too :wink1:

Cool :hi5: I always look forward to seeing your photos. They are some of the best in the thread. I've been here from the start and I can honestly say I'd put your in the top 3. Very nice work

Thanks for the kind words! I love when someone can find joy in my work.

Is the screw head for the battery compartment screw smaller on Star Lord then on other HT figures like Iron Man. The screwdriver I used on my Iron Man doesn't seem to catch on the screw head for Star Lord

Just got my exclusive and boy am I disappointed. His head sculpt has a bad paint job. There's white markings on the top of his head. It looks like a white zit is growing from his hair

Yeah I'm not getting the hate. I just opened mine up for the first time last night and everything looks pretty great to me.

Small gripe on the Pratt head. The likeness could be improved, but loving the masked head a lot anyway and that's how I have it displayed now.

Poses are a bit tricky, especially anything dynamic with that coat. I've found trying to rotate the buck arm without twisting the coat can help achieve better results and pretty happy with it.

The details are great. Hot Toys does it again!

Back