Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm all in, loved the movie.

me too, all in
five-aces

I'm sure its just a place holder, until they have time to create the proper one

I sure hope so. Other then that it looks like it's going to be a great figure. Still will be but we want the orange headphones lol

Re: Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectibl...

I am not all in. :( especially since I gotta start saving for Age of Ultron.

That is going to hurt, if they make everyone from AoU that is probably around 14 figures.

I'm really going to want to limit myself from AoU, I have all of the first Avengers figures. But I can already say that I 100% would most definitely want Hulkbuster, Ultron, Cap, and Hawkeye. Bare minimum.

I'm hoping that Ultron is "Iron Man-like" enough that HT will make him. ;)

Re: Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectibl...

That is going to hurt, if they make everyone from AoU that is probably around 14 figures.

I'm all in on all lines.

As a previous smaller scale collector I loved the breadth of the characters available. Collecting Hot Toys, it's much smaller but with GotG and AoU coming out the 1/6 collection is starting to get a good (although still tiny) spread of unique characters. Just think, December next year we could have the Vision sitting on our shelves! How cool is that?

Well I already know I'm not getting a Black Widow so that's like 190 off the budget. I'm most likely gonna save on Hulk unless they really make an improvement with him or actually make him smaller. But I'm pretty much in for everyone else. ESPECIALLY Cap, Hawkeye, Ultron, and Vision.

Well I already know I'm not getting a Black Widow so that's like 190 off the budget. I'm most likely gonna save on Hulk unless they really make an improvement with him or actually make him smaller. But I'm pretty much in for everyone else. ESPECIALLY Cap, Hawkeye, Ultron, and Vision.

Not getting Widow eh? I like the new suit design, Head sculpt needs to be great though since I'm getting TWS version

I will pick up Ultron, Hulkbuster, the MK42 repaint, Cap, Hill (if they make her) and maybe Quicksilver and the Witch if they have better outfits than what we have seen so far. I have everyone from the 1st film.

Not getting Widow eh? I like the new suit design, Head sculpt needs to be great though since I'm getting TWS version

Nope I'm not. I think the design is fine for the movie, it's just that TWS costume is literally the comic book costume put on screen and I'm mainly going for definitive versions of characters now for my main Avengers set up. However. Like I've always talked about. If we ever get a Widow sculpt with her signature long comic book hair, I'll gladly just buy the head sculpt and put it on WS Widow. But if there are amazing costumes of characters, I'll be more than happy to get multiple figs, ala Captain America.

I also decided that I will be done with Iron Man as soon as the Mark III comes in so I can finally complete my Iron Man collection. Just a Hall of Armor setup with Tony but I'm glad I waited for the new Mark III. And as good as the AOU Iron Mn looks, I'm already wondering if they might make another suit for Avengers 3 or if they're gonna just stick with this Mark 43 from here on since we won't see Tony again till that film comes out but that's not for years. I'll hopefully have enough money by then to figure out what versions of characters I'll want to get and get the display I want as I'm dedicating two shelves of mine to Avengers, another for Iron Man, and a miscellaneous/villains shelf. :)

Plus, it doesn't help that I have no idea where to put the Guardians of the Galaxy figures for a while and since I actually really really dig the new design for BvS Wonder Woman, I already did build multiple shelves to put in my room in case I wanna expand to a Cosmic Marvel display to a DC display. Just imagining what my shelves will look like in the next 8 years or so is just awe inspiring with all the new characters we're gonna get in time. Rumors of Carol Danvers popping up in AOU, CONFIRMED doctor Strange, and hopefully Black Panther? The possibilities, man. Which is why I really hope HT gets the license for Daredevil and the rest of the Netflix gang.

Nope I'm not. I think the design is fine for the movie, it's just that TWS costume is literally the comic book costume put on screen and I'm mainly going for definitive versions of characters now for my main Avengers set up. However. Like I've always talked about. If we ever get a Widow sculpt with her signature long comic book hair, I'll gladly just buy the head sculpt and put it on WS Widow. But if there are amazing costumes of characters, I'll be more than happy to get multiple figs, ala Captain America.

I also decided that I will be done with Iron Man as soon as the Mark III comes in so I can finally complete my Iron Man collection. Just a Hall of Armor setup with Tony but I'm glad I waited for the new Mark III. And as good as the AOU Iron Mn looks, I'm already wondering if they might make another suit for Avengers 3 or if they're gonna just stick with this Mark 43 from here on since we won't see Tony again till that film comes out but that's not for years. I'll hopefully have enough money by then to figure out what versions of characters I'll want to get and get the display I want as I'm dedicating two shelves of mine to Avengers, another for Iron Man, and a miscellaneous/villains shelf. :)

Plus, it doesn't help that I have no idea where to put the Guardians of the Galaxy figures for a while and since I actually really really dig the new design for BvS Wonder Woman, I already did build multiple shelves to put in my room in case I wanna expand to a Cosmic Marvel display to a DC display. Just imagining what my shelves will look like in the next 8 years or so is just awe inspiring with all the new characters we're gonna get in time. Rumors of Carol Danvers popping up in AOU, CONFIRMED doctor Strange, and hopefully Black Panther? The possibilities, man. Which is why I really hope HT gets the license for Daredevil and the rest of the Netflix gang.

WOW 8 years from now, and if the MCU keeps going to 2022 which I hope it does
Cant even imagine
tmnt-2014-michelangelo-mind-blown.gif

"Oh? You think you're finally getting ready to make a Justice League movie? That's nice. We have our next 40 movies planned out. I think we're going to do Squirrel Girl, too. Not because we think she's a good character, mind you, but just because if we manage to make a Squirrel Girl movie before you figure out how to make a Wonder Woman movie it'll be hilarious."

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back