1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same thing with my Mechanic where I couldn't bend the elbows without fear of breaking them. But the best suggestion is to indeed use a blow dryer on the elbows for a bit to warm up the joints. Then you can move them around back and forth a bit, and it should be fine after that. If I recall, I only ever heated the elbows the first time I took the figure out of the box.

Hope that helps!

K guess Ill try it when I get home. Thanks

:goodpost:

Mechanic figure had the stiffest elbow joints of any figure I've ever owned. Freaking ridiculous. :lol

I torched those elbows with a hot blow dryer for 5 minutes solid before they would budge.

:rotfl

Thanks for the suggestions. I kind of figured thats what I had to do but wasnt for sure. Cant believe they are that stiff.

I just picked up the mechanic from SSC yesterday. Im having problems with the articulation at the elbows. I was trying to pose him last night but the joints in his elbows do not bend for nothing. I've heard some collectors suggest using a blow drying but I think it should at least have some sort of movement. I tried to post a video but need to upload it on to youtube first. Dont want to go thru that hassle for a 30 sec video lol. Ive watched a couple of youtube reviews and their figure seems to articulate just fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Pull out his forearms and bend the joint, until it loosens up. That's what I did and now it moves well.

1 minute or so should be more than enough heat. Regardless be very careful and hold the joint close to the hinge itself, you don't want to put too much torque into it on the first bend.

Does anyone happen to know what font this is? Or where I can maybe get a premise card? Thanks

I was going to say Digital End Font, but looking at it closer, it doesn't quite match up.

Tax0mkVl.jpg

Got this guy a week ago and finally found time to take a few photos...

IMG_4099-Edit.jpg

IMG_4106-Edit.jpg

IMG_4090-Edit.jpg

Tony%20Stark.jpg

:yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:
:woo :woo :woo :woo :woo

kinda looks like he's dancing in those first 3 pics :rotfl pulling off some funky moves :monkey3
The last pic steals it though, the dirt base, the pose, lighting, accessories choice, everything.... perfect :clap

kinda looks like he's dancing in those first 3 pics :rotfl pulling off some funky moves :monkey3
The last pic steals it though, the dirt base, the pose, lighting, accessories choice, everything.... perfect :clap

What a pain-in-the-butt that photo was. So much green reflected from the green screen onto the IM pieces and the gravel. It was similar to the Cap photo where I had to hand paint the shield in photoshop. It is sometimes totally worth the effort though.

The dance poses are so fun to do with him. He holds them so easily and without support which = less photoshop from me. :woo

What a pain-in-the-butt that photo was. So much green reflected from the green screen onto the IM pieces and the gravel. It was similar to the Cap photo where I had to hand paint the shield in photoshop. It is sometimes totally worth the effort though.

The dance poses are so fun to do with him. He holds them so easily and without support which = less photoshop from me. :woo

Well it turned out perfect :hi5:

Back