1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost ready....I may be taking the plunge soon, with the St. Paddy's day coupon I can get him for $177.

Question though, for a first time Sideshow shopper, the figure is being offered with free shipping and bonus rewards on it's own. Will my coupon stack with this deal? I'm curious because of the fine print in the email:

"...cannot be combined with any other site discounts, bundle offers, FREE shipping deals, reward points, gift certificates, coupon codes, even if checkout allows it."

I don't want to be pegged with costs I'm not aware of last minute. The cart though in fact, does allow it.

I'm almost ready....I may be taking the plunge soon, with the St. Paddy's day coupon I can get him for $177.

Question though, for a first time Sideshow shopper, the figure is being offered with free shipping and bonus rewards on it's own. Will my coupon stack with this deal? I'm curious because of the fine print in the email:

"...cannot be combined with any other site discounts, bundle offers, FREE shipping deals, reward points, gift certificates, coupon codes, even if checkout allows it."

I don't want to be pegged with costs I'm not aware of last minute. The cart though in fact, does allow it.

I'd recommend using the CS012015 coupon instead- it takes 20% off instead of $25.

In the past few months, I'm pretty sure most people have been able to combine these sorts of offers; there was a bunch of coupon stacking around Halloween and Black Friday. So there's a slight chance it won't go through, but you'll probably be fine. If they do charge you a different amount, I think they'll notify you and give you a chance to cancel the order (but don't quote me on that).

Thanks for letting me in on that coupon! I appreciate it. Sounds like I know what I'm going to be doing on my lunch break today. Maybe I'll give it a shot and call them instead of trying the order online...decisions decisions.

When does that coupon expire?

Thanks for letting me in on that coupon! I appreciate it. Sounds like I know what I'm going to be doing on my lunch break today. Maybe I'll give it a shot and call them instead of trying the order online...decisions decisions.

When does that coupon expire?

You're welcome! I feel like you might have better luck with the coupon if you order online, but I've also never called in an order before.

And the coupon expires on March 30th, so you have a little time.

Done and done my friend! 40 bucks off, came out around $160 shipped, and is already on it's way to me. I just plugged in and submitted the order, it ended up going through just fine.

Oh what have I done [emoji38]

Done and done my friend! 40 bucks off, came out around $160 shipped, and is already on it's way to me. I just plugged in and submitted the order, it ended up going through just fine.

Oh what have I done [emoji38]

Congrats! :clap Is this also your first Hot Toys figure? I know many people will talk about how it starts you down a long, expensive collecting journey; but these are pretty impressive figures in their own right. I had the Mechanic for a few months, and it was pretty awesome. If you can get a dynamic stand, you'll be able to get some great poses out of it.

Thank you! :D This is my first Hot Toy; I'd been eyeballing him for a while but the price was always a bit too steep. That coupon cut it down for a taste of the market.
Admittedly, I've got two Big Chief Studios Doctor Who figures on pre-order, as well as the ThreeZero Hisenberg. So I definitely am succumbing to the market I think. [emoji38]
The flight stand is definitely on my watch list, I've seen a bunch of pictures and it really accentuates the figure significantly.

Thank you! :D This is my first Hot Toy; I'd been eyeballing him for a while but the price was always a bit too steep. That coupon cut it down for a taste of the market.
Admittedly, I've got two Big Chief Studios Doctor Who figures on pre-order, as well as the ThreeZero Hisenberg. So I definitely am succumbing to the market I think. [emoji38]
The flight stand is definitely on my watch list, I've seen a bunch of pictures and it really accentuates the figure significantly.

$150 is about the right price for this figure, so I'm glad you finally got a good deal on it.

Which Doctor Who figures do you have on preorder? I've had my eye on the new Tenth Doctor (I missed out on previous releases), but the price is a bit more than I'd like to spend on it.

The hobby can certainly suck you in really quickly. Thankfully I have a tight budget so I can't go crazy buying every figure that looks cool.

$150 is about the right price for this figure, so I'm glad you finally got a good deal on it.

Which Doctor Who figures do you have on preorder? I've had my eye on the new Tenth Doctor (I missed out on previous releases), but the price is a bit more than I'd like to spend on it.

The hobby can certainly suck you in really quickly. Thankfully I have a tight budget so I can't go crazy buying every figure that looks cool.
Well I'm glad it falls in the acceptable range. I fear the hobby is getting too pricey, and I do think $200+ retail was too high on the Mechanic.

I have the Series 7 11th Doctor paid off and the new 10 newly started, one payment in. BCS is extremely good with their payment lengths, you can stretch them out comfortably. 10 is supposed to ship late October. I know the price is high, but the limited runs (1k and 2k respectively for 11 and 10) factors in. One of the things that alleviated that for me was looking at how poor the Dr. Who collector market it. No good figures, etc. So I figured if I was going to go all in, it's a line that I'll be happy with only a few of, and a line with which a minimalist look suits it. Outside BCS bringing out a top notch new Amy, the only other one I would consider would be the new 12, but I think his accessory selection/outfit is not up to par for the price.

Likewise, definitely hear where you're coming from with that. I've really must knocked my collecting down to NECA figures, now some high end stuff, and my guilty pleasure; Assassin's Creed Mega Bloks. Outside some odd things here or there, I try to stay within that.

Well I'm glad it falls in the acceptable range. I fear the hobby is getting too pricey, and I do think $200+ retail was too high on the Mechanic.

I have the Series 7 11th Doctor paid off and the new 10 newly started, one payment in. BCS is extremely good with their payment lengths, you can stretch them out comfortably. 10 is supposed to ship late October. I know the price is high, but the limited runs (1k and 2k respectively for 11 and 10) factors in. One of the things that alleviated that for me was looking at how poor the Dr. Who collector market it. No good figures, etc. So I figured if I was going to go all in, it's a line that I'll be happy with only a few of, and a line with which a minimalist look suits it. Outside BCS bringing out a top notch new Amy, the only other one I would consider would be the new 12, but I think his accessory selection/outfit is not up to par for the price.

Likewise, definitely hear where you're coming from with that. I've really must knocked my collecting down to NECA figures, now some high end stuff, and my guilty pleasure; Assassin's Creed Mega Bloks. Outside some odd things here or there, I try to stay within that.

Yeah, things are definitely getting too pricey (and I only started collecting last year). After the discounts at the end of last year, there's some hope that deals can be had for those willing to wait several months for some of these figures.

I keep forgetting that Big Chief actually creates limited runs of figures, unlike Hot Toys, so the prices are a bit more justified. They do have a really flexible payment plan; I just want to make sure I don't want to spend that on anything else this year. It's like I have to plan my collecting for the whole year, and it's only just March.

This guy lit the spark under my ass with this Hobby, I'm 11 figures in and loving it, I feel like a little kid in Xmas EVERYTIME I get a shipment from sideshow.

This guy IMO is worth every penny, he's accesory packed and works great paired up next to one of the other armors, not to mention he is incredibly movies accurate....only thing I wish he came with is a flight stand, but if you have one from one of the other armors you can just use that one....or prop him up on Igor :lol

16265148288_4024b17b1e_o_d.jpg

Yeah, things are definitely getting too pricey (and I only started collecting last year). After the discounts at the end of last year, there's some hope that deals can be had for those willing to wait several months for some of these figures.

I keep forgetting that Big Chief actually creates limited runs of figures, unlike Hot Toys, so the prices are a bit more justified. They do have a really flexible payment plan; I just want to make sure I don't want to spend that on anything else this year. It's like I have to plan my collecting for the whole year, and it's only just March.

I think if you've considered the 10th Doctor, then there is a good chance you would be pleased with the purchase, granted it didn't encroach too much on what you've already planned to pick up.

As far as the Mechanic goes, I am beyond pleased with this figure. It came in last Friday and I couldn't be having more fun with it. I definitely see why folks are into these and I already have my eye on Star-Lord, though the price is deterring me a tad. Not quite the rabbit hole I've been told, but I can understand why people say it.

Right now though the biggest thing is that ThreeZero needs to get that Rick Grimes out; I'm itching to add that to my collection big time.

Just learned of the 20% discount, so I decided to use it on this guy! The photos and high praise in this thread finally convinced my to buy him. I cannot wait! Though I did flex pay him, I will most likely pay him off early. I just gotta get new tires and an inspection for my car first; these two things are only slightly more important :lol

There's just so much personality to this figure, I absolutely love it. The concept ('The Mechanic') is great, as well as how it can essentially cover two of the best scenes in the film. Really glad that I got this figure. :)

Hm. So I'm falling a sleep and I look over and see a dim light in my detolf...go figure, the arc reactor isn't shutting off completely. I read through the thread, honestly, it doesn't seem worth my trouble to go for a replacement. I was planning to take the batteries out to keep them from exploding anyhow.

Hm. So I'm falling a sleep and I look over and see a dim light in my detolf...go figure, the arc reactor isn't shutting off completely. I read through the thread, honestly, it doesn't seem worth my trouble to go for a replacement. I was planning to take the batteries out to keep them from exploding anyhow.

That happens with these things...... stupid HT refuse to fix it :ohbfrank:

I just picked up the mechanic from SSC yesterday. Im having problems with the articulation at the elbows. I was trying to pose him last night but the joints in his elbows do not bend for nothing. I've heard some collectors suggest using a blow drying but I think it should at least have some sort of movement. I tried to post a video but need to upload it on to youtube first. Dont want to go thru that hassle for a 30 sec video lol. Ive watched a couple of youtube reviews and their figure seems to articulate just fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I just picked up the mechanic from SSC yesterday. Im having problems with the articulation at the elbows. I was trying to pose him last night but the joints in his elbows do not bend for nothing. I've heard some collectors suggest using a blow drying but I think it should at least have some sort of movement. I tried to post a video but need to upload it on to youtube first. Dont want to go thru that hassle for a 30 sec video lol. Ive watched a couple of youtube reviews and their figure seems to articulate just fine.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I had the same thing with my Mechanic where I couldn't bend the elbows without fear of breaking them. But the best suggestion is to indeed use a blow dryer on the elbows for a bit to warm up the joints. Then you can move them around back and forth a bit, and it should be fine after that. If I recall, I only ever heated the elbows the first time I took the figure out of the box.

Hope that helps!

Any suggestions? Thanks

I had the same thing with my Mechanic where I couldn't bend the elbows without fear of breaking them. But the best suggestion is to indeed use a blow dryer on the elbows for a bit to warm up the joints. Then you can move them around back and forth a bit, and it should be fine after that. If I recall, I only ever heated the elbows the first time I took the figure out of the box.

Hope that helps!
:goodpost:

Mechanic figure had the stiffest elbow joints of any figure I've ever owned. Freaking ridiculous. :lol

I torched those elbows with a hot blow dryer for 5 minutes solid before they would budge.

Back