1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine about a month ago and the batteries were dead as well. I need to get a bunch of replacements but I haven't had the time to look and see what type they are.

Rescued from the oblivion that was page 16 of the marvel section!
Just got the "30% off sale email" from BBTS and this was listed. Always wanted it, but $157 was too tempting to pass up.
Can't wait to put it next to all the other Tony figures.

Rescued from the oblivion that was page 16 of the marvel section!
Just got the "30% off sale email" from BBTS and this was listed. Always wanted it, but $157 was too tempting to pass up.
Can't wait to put it next to all the other Tony figures.

That's a great price for this. I got mine for around $178 shipped from eBay. It was my first Hot Toys figure. :)

I FINALLY took the batteries out of this. I was worried because I've had it for 2 years now, and for the past 8 months, it's been in storage with the batteries inside it. The good news was that the batteries still had some juice in them, the arm was faint but the chest was strong, and that they hadn't leaked or damaged the figure. The bad news is that I wound up breaking the seal on the lid on his back to get the chest batteries out, so if I ever wanted to sell this the resell value just plummeted, lol. I don't think it's a big deal though. The lid doesn't fall out, and the shirt and sweater will keep it in place if it ever does.

Just feels great not to worry about battery leakage now!:yess:

I FINALLY took the batteries out of this. I was worried because I've had it for 2 years now, and for the past 8 months, it's been in storage with the batteries inside it. The good news was that the batteries still had some juice in them, the arm was faint but the chest was strong, and that they hadn't leaked or damaged the figure. The bad news is that I wound up breaking the seal on the lid on his back to get the chest batteries out, so if I ever wanted to sell this the resell value just plummeted, lol. I don't think it's a big deal though. The lid doesn't fall out, and the shirt and sweater will keep it in place if it ever does.

Just feels great not to worry about battery leakage now!:yess:

So many feels on that, I've been putting off the annual battery swap for like two months... it's gonna take me all weekend!

I'm probably not gonna put anymore batteries in mine, but if I ever do it'll probably be just for the chest light because I don't have to mess with a screwdriver anymore!:rotfl

The second to last time I reorganized my shelves I did a battery removal run. Everything was good to go, but getting into the back plate on Tony was a pain. Otherwise, I never put the batteries in my figures day one. I did with BB-8 because I was genuinely curious. Too bad these done have IR blaster capabilities, because busting open shelves to flip little switches just isn't worth the few seconds you'll likely keep the light on, you know?

Can any one please help me out and let me know what kind of batteries this figure takes? For the life of me, I can't find my instruction book

Tony "Stealth" clothes and Civil War head sculpt on MMS209 body.

Attachments

• Stark_CivilWar_mr.jpg
    Stark_CivilWar_mr.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 241
Nice! I often wondered how that MK46 suit fit over his leather jacket, lol.
Also, Tony doesn't have an arc reactor in his chest now.

Well I couldn't resist firing it up once I finished the swap! It's the only body I have with RDJ proportions. All my generic bodies are tall and leggy and don't look right for him.

Which brings me to my question, does anybody know of a generic figure or ttm that matches the mms209 body height and proportions?

Well I couldn't resist firing it up once I finished the swap! It's the only body I have with RDJ proportions. All my generic bodies are tall and leggy and don't look right for him.

Which brings me to my question, does anybody know of a generic figure or ttm that matches the mms209 body height and proportions?

The TTM19 should be okay.

I just got this guy used and missing a few parts at a toy convention. I didn’t notice this part tho, when I got home I realized this isn’t even the head that is supposed to be with it. Can someone inform me of its origin and if it’s a hot Toys or custom, it almost looks like the test suit one, but it’s not sure. 387684C4-BB26-4BBF-97C6-1A96F4860DA1.jpg

Back