1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh no don't say that, what ones does he wear TELL ME!!!!!!

Which ones specifically? He goes from Ray-Bans, Von Zipper, Initium, Matsuda, Oliver Peoples...the only ones I'm not too certain are the ones he's wearing as this figure depicts them. Some sort of Ray-Ban esque shooter glasses.

I was thinking of the ones he wears, in your avatar picture the MATSUDA M3023, i should do some research maybe I'll get a few pairs

I was thinking of the ones he wears, in your avatar picture the MATSUDA M3023, i should do some research maybe I'll get a few pairs

The Matsuda ones are pretty sweet, looking at about $500 for a pair, they have a decent pair of knockoffs on ebay nowadays, I was lucky to find a pair for a decent amount right before the movie came out that I was able to ID from the trailer before everyone started looking.

The Matsuda ones are pretty sweet, looking at about $500 for a pair, they have a decent pair of knockoffs on ebay nowadays, I was lucky to find a pair for a decent amount right before the movie came out that I was able to ID from the trailer before everyone started looking.

Oh lucky you, I'm gonna try that from now on, I think he wears Red lens customs in the movie though, extra $$$

Would anybody be willing to sell me the blue ornament from this figure for a few bucks please?

I just walked by my display and Mechanic Stark chest light is on. Ugh....the figure is a quality nightmare. I returned the first figure to SS mos. ago for the same reason and I received this one in return. It was all good until tonight and the light won't go off mos later...:slap

I just walked by my display and Mechanic Stark chest light is on. Ugh....the figure is a quality nightmare. I returned the first figure to SS mos. ago for the same reason and I received this one in return. It was all good until tonight and the light won't go off mos later...:slap

I remember that was happening with my MK III. The switches would be off, but there was a light glow of the LED in the palms. Super annoying, I just took the batteries out.

That's disappointing, it actually makes me think twice about this figure, and its on or was on my list

Beautiful figure overall. I wish HT would stop with the gimmicks (lights, voice etc.) and give us great looking figs at better prices. I never use lights or any other gimmicks so it is never a pivotal feature for my purchase.

Beautiful figure overall. I wish HT would stop with the gimmicks (lights, voice etc.) and give us great looking figs at better prices. I never use lights or any other gimmicks so it is never a pivotal feature for my purchase.

:goodpost: I feel the same way, I flip them on once before putting it on display and that's about it.

Finally received this guy after AmiAmi held it for me since waaaaaaaaaay back when I ordered before HT released it 5-6 months early. Absolutely phenomenal, and by far one of my favorite pieces. No LED problems as it worked fine for me out of the package. Despite reading about people here having initial fears with moving the elbows, I actually love how tight the joints are as I've handled similar figures before and it feels pretty damn sturdy.

I am curious though, I've heard there's a risk of the paint on the glasses sticking onto his face. Which parts of the glasses tend to do that? Also is there a way to seal the paint to avoid the paint rub?

Back