Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually leg rubber bend greatly if it's posed as in the movie.

Understood.

Toyrewind and Rorywan both stated they have used it on their HT Aliens. This is Toyrewinds shot:
htdogmod1_zps31c66c87.jpg

Although I havent asked. I would think that they continue to pose them after the application.

Understood.

Toyrewind and Rorywan both stated they have used it on their HT Aliens. This is Toyrewinds shot:

Although I havent asked. I would think that they continue to pose them after the application.

This pic just reminds me how cool the xenomorphs are how much HT NEEDS to remake these.

Hmm, this Mod Podge looks like it might be the silver bullet. Anyone think I could apply the 303 to condition, then add the Mod Podge to seal? Checked and the 303 has no silicone in it, so thinking the Mod Podge could still adhere? Just want to get my money's worth out of the 303, lol, now that I bought it. :lol

Last edited:
Sweet. I'll stick with the silicon oil, and others try the modpodge, and we'll end up with zero, one, or two "solutions" (so far).

Understood.

wow that's a nice result. will check other rubber HT items )

I used gloss on my aliens. Not sure if gloss is the right one to use on ED-209's dome though.

Hmm, this Mod Podge looks like it might be the silver bullet. Anyone think I could apply the 303 to condition, then add the Mod Podge to seal? Checked and the 303 has no silicone in it, so thinking the Mod Podge could still adhere? Just want to get my money's worth out of the 303, lol, now that I bought it. :lol

We both bought from the same distributor USH. I also bought some 303, but after the results from the Modpodge, I dont need it anymore for this.

You can still pose them. The rubber actually feels softer after applying the mod. Maybe it moisturizes it? I don't know. :)
I agree that the feel of the finish is very nice. I have it also on a custom I did years ago and the finish is still perfect.

That is the same one as I have but a smaller bottle. You wont need too much.

That's the one I bought today only I bought the matte finish. Gonna give it a go
I am curious as to how the matte finish looks. The plus with this stuff is you can reapply a different finish over the old one, or paint to suit.

I used gloss on my aliens. Not sure if gloss is the right one to use on ED-209's dome though.
Now I am thinking about coating my Big Chap. He is looking a bit dull.

Alright, Mod Podge it is for my ED.
Looks great and still posable and I keep him in the current pose, so that´s excellent.
:)
Great advice, fellas.
:wave
Freaks help Freaks. :hi5:

Mod podge in gloss or matte? Thanks in advance.
Check your PM's.:wink1:
wow that's a nice result. will check other rubber HT items )
Glad you approve! :hi5:
Sweet. I'll stick with the silicon oil, and others try the modpodge, and we'll end up with zero, one, or two "solutions" (so far).
Excellent idea! Mankinds best asset is ingenuity through adversity. Maybe Hot Toys will still come up with a solution for us? Although I am being sarcastic, it would be nice if they did.

Was aiming to get some mod podge for my alien dog but never got around it now i definitly gotta get some for ed too :)
Thanks for the tip :)

Toyrewind, how many coats have you applied on your alien dog? Brush? How long does it takes to dry?

Rivera2171, same questions about Ed and do you have any pics of the legs rubbers?

Thanks guys :)

I only applied 1 coat with a medium brush. It dries within 5 minutes after applying it.

My ed209 finally arrived with me in the uk today!
All looks good so far but im toying with the idea of greasing him up
Im also going to buy shares in mod podge. I think sales are gonna go through the roof

I applied the matte mod podge after I cleaned the silicon grease off. I just used water and a tooth brush to clean the grease off. Happy to say that the mod podge adhered nicely.

Just like Rivera mentioned, it goes on like thinned glue. I spread it out with a medium brush. While wet, the dome looked a little more white in some spots despite my best efforts to spread the mod podge evenly. I was a little nervous but after 5 minutes the entire surface of the dome dried to a nice even matte finish. I'm happy with the results.

I eventually applied 2 coats on the accordion parts and 5 coats on the dome. I had to apply more coats to the dome to completely fill some cracks in the front. The cracks are finally gone now. I'll post pics when I get home from work.

Hm...I have the possibility to get an exchange, but the thought of removing the legs and maybe breaking something gives me the creeps, even IF the screwdriver method looked save...
:gah:

So..is there a consensus at all about what to use? Silicone Grease or Mod Podge?

I thought the grease was the way to go until the podge thing popped up and now I'm confused. :cuckoo:

Back