Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, according to our seller HT´s just pulling defective ED´s in directly, or through the guys´ sellers which did not buy directly.
They won´t release a second batch and with offer better parts, or even an exchangeble body like on DX-02, if you wanna Call ED´s Head/waist the body...

Yeah, according to our seller HT´s just pulling defective ED´s in directly, or through the guys´ sellers which did not buy directly.
They won´t release a second batch and with offer better parts, or even an exchangeble body like on DX-02, if you wanna Call ED´s Head/waist the body...

Heh. Trying to make the problem disappear.

Interestingly though, that would have the effect of seeing values skyrocket on the secondary market. Ironically more valuable due to its defectiveness....

Ok, so this is what I did. I appiled several thin coats of Modge Podge to the dome. I also applied to the rubber leg boots. Modge Podge is a sealer. I am happy with the results. Looking at the pics, you can see it helped fill in the developing cracks. I dont know how effective this option would be on the more severe ED's. The overall finish is shiny like when the ED was new. I have noticed too that the dome has been getting more dull over time and the cracks are a direct result. Anyway, I just wanted to share my findings to the forum members who are planning on keeping this guy.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Modge podge is great stuff, I used it on a couple of my HT aliens. Not sure it will actually stop deterioration though? It's just a surface thing?
Who knows. :lol

Modge podge is great stuff, I used it on a couple of my HT aliens. Not sure it will actually stop deterioration though? It's just a surface thing?
Who knows.

Valid questions. My thoughts on this are:
1. It seals from the air what is underneath. If the degradation is a result of rapidly degassing plasticizers, this stuff will prevent the rubbers exposure to air.
2. I'm desperate and there are no other solutions available. I know about 303 and bought some from eBay. It has taken too long to get hear and I couldn't wait any longer. also my belief on that is that it will continue to allow the rubber to degrade because it does not seal the material.
We'll see what happens.

I'm afraid to anything to mine for a while. Just in case HT announce some kind of replacement dome. Highly doubtful, but doing anything to it first will no doubt void my claim. I honestly think they are all cracking, some faster than others. So there will be uproar surely in next couple of months as it gets worse and worse.

This is a problem which isn't going away for HT, it's like a ticking time bomb, especially since they have two Robos on the way.

Ok, so this is what I did. I appiled several thin coats of Modge Podge to the dome. I also applied to the rubber leg boots. Modge Podge is a sealer. I am happy with the results. Looking at the pics, you can see it helped fill in the developing cracks. I dont know how effective this option would be on the more severe ED's. The overall finish is shiny like when the ED was new. I have noticed too that the dome has been getting more dull over time and the cracks are a direct result. Anyway, I just wanted to share my findings to the forum members who are planning on keeping this guy.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

THAT looks GREAT!!!
Good temporary solution.
What is that modge podge you're talking about?
I tried google and it keeps changing it into mod podge...!??!?!

At this point, what does it matter?
The cracks are sealed, the whole thing is sealed. My options are limited. I would rather look at it now like this than see a bunch of hair line cracks unceasingly develop over time.
And why the "shock" face?

Back