Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow just got back to me and they will issue a refund for the product price only. I assume that means im on the hook for the return shipping. Still better then nothing.

Dear J,
We’re sorry to hear about the issue with your ED-209. In this instance we can start a return for the product price only. In the next 24 hours you will receive an email with further instructions on how to return the item to us, once we receive the item we will issue your refund. If you need to reference your RMA number it is *****.
As always, please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Mike Hollister
Returns Coordinator

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

(805) 214-2146 Office • (805) 214-2190 Fax
In the U.S.: 855-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3749)
Outside the U.S.: (805) 214-2100 ext. 2

Guys hot toys need seriously to do something we cant let this go, bomb Hot Toys email and facebook pages with pics!

Originally Posted by Rorywan
That Mike Woodfoot is a piece of churned dairy fat called Butters.

It's pronounced Woodcock, ForestTroll or IdioticSmall-mindedPathetic-Excuse-For-A-Human

But really, the arms as well now...
I have been thinking long and hard about buying it (because I knew about the old ones) but watched Robocop again last week and thought well, that would complement my MMS 10 and to be released Die-cast version really well.

Now after all the issues...It's just ridiculous that, 1: they charge these kind of prices, 2: they use crap material (this is not their first mistake as we all know) and 3: they do absolutely nothing about it..
They could at least openly apologize and with that crapload of money they earned from all of us of in over more then 10 years, they should send everyone free replacements with material that will last..

Just pompous, money grabbing asses...they are getting worse by the day.. (also just saw the price for Ancient....!!?) and this coming from someone who has 184 HT...(no I'm not rich, we all know they were much cheaper back then, heck even my first DX weren't that much..)

No don't post them as message on their Facebook, just post them as a comment to anything on their FB, the ones from Lee Revill are still there, just photobomb the crap out of them.

Sideshow just got back to me and they will issue a refund for the product price only. I assume that means im on the hook for the return shipping. Still better then nothing.

If you ***** hard enough, they'll pay for the return shipping and refund you the original purchase price + shipping. When I received my First Avenger Cap, the star on his chest was crooked as was the "A" on his helmet. I *****ed and moaned saying why should I be out any money for a faulty product? They finally caved. They'd rather lose a few bucks than lose you as a customer.

In a perfect world, HT wouldn't be putting out shoddy product and Sideshow would have a department dedicated to only opening and inspecting each item before they ship them out but that would take too much time and cost too much money.

I just read the last several pages and I truly feel for all of you who bought this figure. This is absolutely unacceptable. HT better step up and make this right. They have no problem jacking up the price of their stuff, they better take care of the collectors lining their pockets.

Joints now too?
I am afraid of coming home and check mine...

F&;€:mad:!,ck!!! >O

Can you BELIEVE it???!!???

"These rubbers are making me angry!"

Still don't really see anything wrong with mine, dome or joints. But I only got away with it on my old one for so long before it did start happening. I am thusly pretty sure my new one won't be immune.

Well, damn it! My dome seemed fine, and I was relieved, but then I saw those joint rubber pics today, and checked those...

...they don't look bad yet, but there are signs that it's starting on my joints as well. And then I took a flash light to reinspect my dome, and sure enough, tiny cracks are starting to show.

**** you, Hot Toys! Now I'm afraid of the rubber on RoboCop, too. Maybe Chronicles is the new way to go for all things Robo. I don't love their ED pose, but it's better than cracking rubber on a better pose.

Last edited:
Well, damn it! My dome seemed fine, and I was relieved, but then I saw this joint rubber pics today, and checked those...

...they don't look bad yet, but there are signs that it's starting on my joints as well. And then I took a flash light to reinspect my dome, and sure enough, tiny cracks are starting to show.

**** you, Hot Toys! Now I'm afraid of the rubber on RoboCop, too. Maybe Chronicles is the new way to go for all things Robo. I don't love their ED pose, but it's better than cracking rubber on a better pose.
My eb robo rubber looks perfect
Although no cracks on ed now, it's just a matter of time

Well, damn it! My dome seemed fine, and I was relieved, but then I saw those joint rubber pics today, and checked those...

Where is there gonna be rubber on Robocop? Thought he was gonna be die-cast and plastic.

For the collectors that wants to keep their ED-209 lets try to find some kind of solution for protecting the rubber from deterioration.

I read that oxygen and sunlight is the main cause of the deteriorating of rubber. Unless you plan on keeping it in a clear case, it will happen.

To protect the rubber is to keep it out of sunlight .... use a light coating of pure cornstarch is the best way to go? I also read silicone spray lubricant will help? Maybe someone on here that have a little more experience can jump in?

Fuuuuh, jus checked the rubber between the joints and it show signs of deterioration...
Will try to get pics tomorrow in better lighting.

I also feel sorry for Hot Toys resellers.. when this sort of thing happens, manufacturers often try to bone their dealers. :(

Back