Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it's the glue
Many pics showing the front of eds dome cracked
Mine is already separated from the plastic frame, only time before the rubber cracks due to not having a frame to support it

The torso on them were sculpted rubber, as were the joints. Basically all the black sections you see on Robo were rubber.

Last edited:
Just checked mine yesterday, with little cracks showing up at the upper seem of the dome.
Will again later on the legs.
S***storming HT´s fb´s the way to go.
They just HAVE to react, otherwise major reputation is going to turn negative...

Hi guys.

We got an answer from HT.

They are aware of the issue and apparently investigating.

They want all affected owners to send them an email with pictures (and I would suggest also a copy of the sales receipt) to their support email adress [email protected]

Let's see what happens then. :)
It's worth a try.

yeah mine still looks pristine but I can see very tiny cracks on my dome, its inevitable now.
IF it was just the dome I could at least get a plastic one put on it but the other rubber parts I cant do **** about.

Hi guys.

They want all affected owners to send them an email with pictures (and I would suggest also a copy of the sales receipt) to their support email adress [email protected]

It's worth a try.

It sounds great!
I hope HT will do something.
I'm in Europe I just cancelled mine, sorry for it I really waited long time for this figure but I can not take the risk.

Hi guys.

It's worth a try.

That's the usual response they give. If they were really serious they'd post acknowledging the issue on their FB frontpage.

Yup. Somehow I also see it that way...

On the other hand what else should we do?

I think we should post pics of the figures on their FB site so it's public.

mine isn't showing anything yet either, god I just wish there was something that could be done.
I mean sure if they had used plastic for dome that would have been better, but what could have
been used for the other rubber parts?

That is the problem with this figure. The fact that it must be poseable means ht were probably limited in the materials they could have used. Chronicle collectibles effort will be much more studier because they have it in a static pose.

Back