Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly can't wait for this ED, when is it expected now? as I know dates get pushed here an there.

My final payment is scheduled for (delayed to) March 25th. I can't wait for this monster!
I've considered getting tiny 2-stroke servo motors, and making the weapon arming action on both arms actually work.

If this is really coming out in April I'll definitely order. Was just going to get Robo but I can't just have him I need ED too. This is going to be amazing.

almost 14 inches I believe.

Gotta be taller than that, right? I mean if the scale is correct.

I'm sure this is covered territory, but the impression you get from the movie is that Robocop is fairly tall (not Vader tall, but tall). And ED-209 seemed a lot taller than all the people in the boardroom scene. I'd think Robo at 12.5ish, ED at... 14.5? 15?

Since the leg height seems to be adjustable and the head can be angled up or down, coming up with a single, exact figure for his height may be tricky. Maybe 14" is the minimum (legs down, head down position). If that makes any sense. Just guessing here.

Since the leg height seems to be adjustable and the head can be angled up or down, coming up with a single, exact figure for his height may be tricky. Maybe 14" is the minimum (legs down, head down position). If that makes any sense. Just guessing here.

Makes perfect sense.

:)

I was surprised at how much shorter ED is than I originally thought. He is definitely huge, but not a tall as you might think. In the film most of the shots of ED are well below eye level, probably just a couple feet off the floor. There is a lot of forced perspective. If you look at the behind the scenes photos where the camera is eye level he's not much taller than average height, maybe a foot or two.

If Robocop is 12" and ED is 14", then in scale terms that would make ED about a foot taller than him, which seems right to me.

I'm curious to see what Hot Toys does here in the final product. Hopefully they fixed the dome issue.

I've heard April is the date they start shipping, pretty lame how we'v had no info on the dome yet. I don't want the same thing happening again with the deterioration.

I'm ready to order this baby once I see the in-hand pics. With the new RP policy, I'll have no hesitation using RPs or a coupon. :yess:

I will order ED once I start seeing pics. It all depends on how he comes out. Pretty excited though.

Back