Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, every image of this guy just looks beast. Love the new toes, looks just like the original puppet. I also have a question, how will the legs stay extended? Will there be some sort of clicking as it raises to hold it in place?
968877_471195992964641_913984554_n.jpg

The extension of the legs will need clicking joints since the weight will be too top heavy with just a sliding joint I gather.

However...I think ''very little like'' sold it short too :wink1:

I have four of the Reeve Superman and four spare sculpts for other projects..
I think it looks a LOT like him.
The argument here is that the PROTOTYPE didn't look a lot like him(Read carefully. Didn't say NOTHING like him).
The final figure looks incredible, and is one of the finest figures i own.
I won't post about it again, but if you think this horrible monstrosity looked like the final product, you're crazy:

Superman4.jpg~original

Hot-Toys-Christopher-Reeve-Superman-figure.jpeg~original

226505-16-600x450.jpg~original

tumbaabierta_supeerman_hot_toys_02.jpg~original

Wow, calm down. Now I think you're misreading me (and getting unnecessarily riled up by the looks of it). Yes, I knew you were talking about the prototype. Yes I acknowledged that ''nothing like'' is not the same as ''little like''. And yes the final product is better than the prototype. I never said otherwise.

I simply think calling the prototype 'a horrible monstrosity' is a huge exaggeration. No misreading there, those are now your words. That prototype got quite a good response when first shown although of course not everyone was in love with it and it turned out the minority were right. It could have been better and indeed it ended up being.

I just feel the difference between the proto and the final was that much. If the proto was the final piece, i wouldn't have even bought one of them.
And the final looks great. Which is why i own several.

I would disagree that it was a huge difference but ultimately, yes, the final is superior. I actually voted MMS152 in one of those threads in the General Collectibles section asking people what figure they just love. I have no complaints about it personally. Where any given Terminator figure chances are I do have complaints.

I would disagree that it was a huge difference but ultimately, yes, the final is superior. I actually voted MMS152 in one of those threads in the General Collectibles section asking people what figure they just love. I have no complaints about it personally. Where any given Terminator figure chances are I do have complaints.

I honestly think a figure can be off in a few ways and still be a great figure.
I have three Terminator sculpts(Tech Noir T1, MMS T2 and the DX10), and i think they are all off slightly but still reasonably convey the sense of Arnie from each version, despite not looking much like each other.
I think Hawkeye looks very little like Jeremy Renner, but is still a good figure.
I think the Rescue Cap head is the best Cap sculpt, but is still only about 80% there as regards likeness(But i still LOVE that sculpt).
I'm picky with the Reeve Proto because i nearly spat out my coffee when i saw the proto pics...(Like, WHO is that supposed to be???), but relaxed when i saw in hand pics.

Anyone have specs on this yet? Alter Ego site has it posted Approximatly 14 inches tall. Anyone know how big ED209 was supposed to be in the movie?

I have very little in my bank account.

I have nothing in my bank account.

Two very different statements.

I am an ***.
I am not an ***.

:lol

Wow, calm down. Now I think you're misreading me (and getting unnecessarily riled up by the looks of it). Yes, I knew you were talking about the prototype. Yes I acknowledged that ''nothing like'' is not the same as ''little like''. And yes the final product is better than the prototype. I never said otherwise.

I simply think calling the prototype 'a horrible monstrosity' is a huge exaggeration. No misreading there, those are now your words. That prototype got quite a good response when first shown although of course not everyone was in love with it and it turned out the minority were right. It could have been better and indeed it ended up being.
Pay no attention to him Andrew, he's been pulling this "superior" **** in several threads.

I am an ***.
I am not an ***.

Pay no attention to him Andrew, he's been pulling this "superior" **** in several threads.

Right. That was a bizarre exchange. I thought we were having a friendly, or at least neutral, chat. Seemed like suddenly he got very pissed off.

Back