Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My original did not rot looks brand new till this day. Its just some collectors display opened to the dust and elements.

I emailed sideshow about this issue:

I saw the ED-209 at Comic-Con and was wondering if you can confirm (having handled the product) What material is the dome of Hot Toys ED-209 figure made out of ? Is it rubber or plastic ???

Thank you for taking the time to contact Sideshow’s Customer Service department.

I believe the ED-209 MMS Sixth Scale Figure is made of plastic. Once the item is available for shipping and in our warehouse, we will be able to confirm the material.

Please do not hesitate in contacting me if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Elisse Mendez
Customer Service Representative

Sideshow Collectibles

2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320 USA

1000749_527837840622537_244020130_n.jpg

According to the thickness of the dome it COULD be fabric...

The old rubber dome was thinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Did you see it in person? It's not fabric...and it doesn't look like plastic (not hard plastic, anyway).

Looks like no BD Robo then. I'd have to assume he'd be displayed next to those two if they were going to unveil him at the show.

Yeah, and that's probably the same "coming soon" picture of the BD head they displayed at ComiCon just out of frame on the right.

Since regular Robo and Ed aren't coming till next spring, I'm personally not expecting to see a BD proto until at least winter.

SDCC and Ani-Com '13 Not terribly interesting shows then for the Aliens & Robots collecting contingent. All stuff we've already seen.

Do we know which of Robos parts are going to be die cast yet?

Not officially.
I'ld say torso, upper legs and arms since all lower extremeties need to have working details such as the pistons on the legs or the articulated lower arms...

Not officially.
I'ld say torso, upper legs and arms since all lower extremeties need to have working details such as the pistons on the legs or the articulated lower arms...

Thanks! I just realized I posted this in the ED-209 thread :slap
I'm hoping that it's not top heavy, imagine the weight difference over time if it is?

Back