Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad I sold my old Ed a few months back! THIS IS SO BOUGHT!!!!:yess:

Me too! :yess:

Sold Robo and ED as soon as those first prototype pics surfaced. Just been playing the waiting game to see when they'd actually go up for pre-order. Sold the first ones for enough to afford the new Robo, ED AND Robo with chair! :hi5:

No real want for Robocop but not sure I can pass on this beast. I need to buy a house next to put all my **** in.

HAHA, you and me both Robbie! :lol

Man, when i first saw this film, E.D. scared the **** outta me. The camera angle at that specific scene combined growl conveyed he was not a cyborg but a monster.

Guys, gather round, let me tell you something. :cool: :D

The ED-209 boardroom scene is to this day one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a movie theater. I was 13 when Robocop came out and it was only the second R rated film my parents let me see in the theater. Of course my dad had to chaperone but he picked a seat a ways off and I sat with a friend of mine on my birthday. When the ED-209 showed up and blew that guy away my friend literally VOMITED (luckily he held it in until he ran to the bathroom.) That's right, VOMITED.

The combination of the intimidation that that damn robot projected, the horror of watching a suited board member being messily disintegrated in front of his peers, followed by the flippancy of his coworkers (seriously that might have been the worst part.) The horror that unfolded in front of them, the tragedy of a guy just putting on a suit and going to work at an office and being so disgustingly obliterated, and then his peers almost crack jokes about it in the elevator afterward. That rocked me to my core.

There's just something primal about ED that I've never shaken. As an adult I'm all "Gary Busey in Predator 2" about him now. I admire the bastard, respect him for what he is. That such a character, even such a fantasy based inhuman character could ever do that to me. I might just have to own it as a memento of the visceral power of truly inspired cinema.

Guys, gather round, let me tell you something. :cool: :D

The ED-209 boardroom scene is to this day one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in a movie theater. I was 13 when Robocop came out and it was only the second R rated film my parents let me see in the theater. Of course my dad had to chaperone but he picked a seat a ways off and I sat with a friend of mine on my birthday. When the ED-209 showed up and blew that guy away my friend literally VOMITED (luckily he held it in until he ran to the bathroom.) That's right, VOMITED.

The combination of the intimidation that that damn robot projected, the horror of watching a suited board member being messily disintegrated in front of his peers, followed by the flippancy of his coworkers (seriously that might have been the worst part.) The horror that unfolded in front of them, the tragedy of a guy just putting on a suit and going to work at an office and being so disgustingly obliterated, and then his peers almost crack jokes about it in the elevator afterward. That rocked me to my core.

There's just something primal about ED that I've never shaken. As an adult I'm all "Gary Busey in Predator 2" about him now. I admire the bastard, respect him for what he is. That such a character, even such a fantasy based inhuman character could ever do that to me. I might just have to own it as a memento of the visceral power of truly inspired cinema.

LOL! Glad to hear someone say how disturbing that was! For me the worst part was when the guy realized he was gonna get blown away and started begging for help. Ugh...still can't think about that scene without shivering!

LOL! Glad to hear someone say how disturbing that was! For me the worst part was when the guy realized he was gonna get blown away and started begging for help. Ugh...still can't think about that scene without shivering!

Yep, I really should have mentioned the guy's reaction. He was *terrified* and no one helped him. And then his terror actually played out in front of everyone and they almost chuckled about it afterward. *shudder* :D

Very nice. It's a total upgrade and boy am I glad I didn't spend 500+ bucks trying to get the old one. Wow. Sound effects are completely unnecessary though. I'll never be able to escape the overgrown nerdiak rep if I'm ever seen by another human being pressing that button. lol.

Forgot how graphic this scene was in the movie.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzlt7IbTp6M[/ame]

That's the NC-17 version. In the theater he wasn't exploding on the table like that.

Yeah I know. It's the uncut version with a bunch of more gore in other scenes as well but none the less ED is a beast.

A triumph of stop-motion animation from Phil Tippet. They don't make movies like this anymore.

Agreed :lecture

And really Robocop is just a great movie, the sequels are awful and should be burned. But the original is a classic :rock

Back