Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI-RES pg 5 post #46

up_1.jpg

up_2.jpg

up_3.jpg

up_4.jpg

up_5.jpg

up_6.jpg

up_7.jpg

up_8.jpg

up_9.jpg

up_10.jpg

Wow, looks like the screen used prop.

I'm impressed that they included the BD arm as an interchangeable piece rather than selling an entire seperate figure again.

Is one of the sound effects the squealing pig noise it makes after it falls down the stairs? What about the lion roar when it's trying to get the guy to put down the gun?

Well, I suppose we have less time now, but unless this thing is coming out this quarter, there should still be time for concerned collectors to contact Hot Toys and ask about/demand a plastic sensor dome on ED to hopefully make some kind of impact on what material they use (unless they're already going with plastic, which I kind of doubt).
It's usually much more effective than just speculating and *****ing about it here.

Is one of the sound effects the squealing pig noise it makes after it falls down the stairs? What about the lion roar when it's trying to get the guy to put down the gun?

Jaguar Roar :wink1:

That growl is a MUST, and it's a tragedy if it's not included :lecture

I'm just ecstatic over these announcements... ED looks like a masterpiece! They took what was already an awesome release and just cranked it up 20 or so notches!

I love all of the small details; so glad I sold ED when I did... don't think anyone will be getting $540 for an OG ED after today :lol Bummer I still have Robo though :lol

Jaguar Roar :wink1:

That growl is a MUST, and it's a tragedy if it's not included :lecture

I'd also add for Robocop his walking sound. The NECA figure had it.

I love all of the small details; so glad I sold ED when I did... don't think anyone will be getting $540 for an OG ED after today :lol Bummer I still have Robo though :lol

:banghead:banghead:banghead

Yeah... I figured I was SOL since I sold him after the first images of the ED prototype came up. But, got lucky and I think it helped my Dome was still in pretty good shape compared to others.

Man, good point... that roar is just crazy coming out of ED! Ah, I feel like a kid at Christmas!!! :panic:

Man, when i first saw this film, E.D. scared the **** outta me. The camera angle at that specific scene combined growl conveyed he was not a cyborg but a monster.

ed209.jpg

I'd also add for Robocop his walking sound. The NECA figure had it.

It's amazing how much sounds effects one's perception of a scene or film. This film's sound engineer knocked it outta the park. The waking sound is as iconic as a walking sound can get. When i'm in a good mood, i'll walk around mimicing the Robocop walking sound because it's that awesome. And ED's voice and the Auto 9 sound are executed to perfection!

Robocop = my 2nd favorite film of all-time, only edged by PREDATOR, of course!

The jaguar roar would be the sound I want the most. All others are just gravy.

Man, those 3 are kinda perfect, aren't they?
I guess I'll get the Robo version with Chair and of course this.
The only thing I have in mind when looking at ED is his walking noise.
Good thing all are coming Q1 2014. Which is nearly Q2 in germany.
Time to save money after the 2 1/4's and DX13.
:yess:

Man, when i first saw this film, E.D. scared the **** outta me. The camera angle at that specific scene combined growl conveyed he was not a cyborg but a monster.

ed209.jpg

It's amazing how much sounds effects one's perception of a scene or film. This film's sound engineer knocked it outta the park. The waking sound is as iconic as a walking sound can get. When i'm in a good mood, i'll walk around mimicing the Robocop walking sound because it's that awesome. And ED's voice and the Auto 9 sound are executed to perfection!

Robocop = my 2nd favorite film of all-time, only edged by PREDATOR, of course!

Come to think of it ED needs his walking sound aswell. How'd I forget that :slap

As for Robocops walk I love that hum.

A triumph of stop-motion animation from Phil Tippet. They don't make movies like this anymore.

:monkey4 Dang it! I was never gonna buy this guy (even though I love the design) and was on the fence for RC, both because of the orignial releases.

But these have blown me away! Funny enough the prices are great as well.

The dome quality is the only question. But even that may be overlooked. :lol

Back