Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will finally take my ED209 out of it's box tonight. But will only be placing the dome head onto a shelf.

I'm still looking for a discontinued ikea klingsbo cabinet on craigslist to put it in.

No problems with rubber as yet, still looking pristine.
Problems or not I would've picked him up regardless, love the movie so much.

_F131207_zpsffaafd86.jpg

_F131209_zps3eea2d9b.jpg

_F131211_zpsbcf4e602.jpg

Ed_zpsa0dc8cf1.jpg

So what is the consensus here....

I have had my Ed 209 for a while now with no sign of wear
Should I put something on it anyways and what has been the best product to use?

The Honda silicone grease has been working great for me. I just applied a second layer and I think it's evenly spread on the dome now.

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

I'm going to get rid of mine before it crumbles. Just saw the Chronicle Collectibles one at MondoCon and it looks definitive for the ED-209. Despite the leap in price, at least that one won't rot on me.

franpincho, you ended up sending yours back, right? Just wondering, how bad was the rubber on your dome? Did you happen to take any pictures?

I've been reading/catching up on this thread the past couple days (since I'm now interested in picking up the new diecast robocop and was curious about ED209). I see that a lot of you guys have had some luck with preventing/reducing the dome rot with Mod Podge, Honda/silicone grease. Have any of you guys tried Krytox? It's what Gigerfan used and suggested on page 1 of this thread.

I expected more pics of rotting domes but haven't seen anymore since the initial exposure
I'm wondering if
A) the grease/modge somehow delayed/prevented the cracking
b) it was really a batch issue, faulty rubber on those specific eds
C) there hasn't been any new reports since ed hasn't been selling well after the news

Either way, I expected a consistent stream of new ed issues that haven't materialized

Back