Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any kind of flex tubing you could get at Home Depot or somewhere to replace that with?

It's sad to do it but I definitely WON'T put stuff on parts of the figure just to keep it.

What if this causes unforseen reactions with the rubber?!

I will return it since I can't enjoy a figure if I know that it's defective by design... :(

Received my ed 6 weeks ago. Havent done anything to him yet and dome is still pristine condition!

Hmpf well maybe i could get this if it has a low price at Ebay someday. And yeah some cracks could be acceptable. Then grease it.
I was heels over head when HT announced Robocop and ED in 1/6. So got to understand i am sooo down in this failure, but i want those to characters together so bad!
Then again that low price would probably not happen.

Does anybody have a problem with the sound? Mine does work straight after I switch on the switch under the dome, but then if I leave it switched on after about 15 minutes it stops working. The only way to get it started again is to cycle dome switch off-on which is very unconvinient since I have to open the display and reach for it. It makes the whole remote function silly, since you have to mess with the switch on the figure every time all over again to get the remote working. The batteries in the remote and the figure are brand new, I tried several of them, it's the same.

Pretty sure the electronics time out and turn off to save the batteries. You have to reset by flipping the switch. The Bandai Kaneda's bike does the same thing.

Pretty sure the electronics time out and turn off to save the batteries. You have to reset by flipping the switch. The Bandai Kaneda's bike does the same thing.

Well, what's the point of the damn remote than?!
And BTW, isn't the power from batteries drained only when playing the sound? What's the need for internal turn off timeout? And couldn't they do it so that the remote also automatically turns on the internal electronics?
Anyway, if what you are telling is true, it's apsolutely the way they shouldn't have done it.

Keeping the receiver powered would drain the batteries in a few days, or a week max.

A receiver has to stay "on" or in standby to get a signal. Any electronics when left on will drain power. That's the big downside of batteries, that and the eventual acid leakage.

other than the voice, i like the sounds
gives me a little nostalgia when i havent heard it in awhile

Back