Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm baffled that you'll all ***** and moan on this forum literally all day long but most of you can't be bothered to actually speak your mind on Facebook. Our parents took fire hoses and rubber bullets and tear gas and police batons when they protested a war and most of you are too afraid to protest a toy on Facebook.

I figured comments like this would be coming which is why I've in fact dialled back on my indignation today.

How much weight will my voice carry when as far as I can see nothing is even wrong with mine yet? And excuse me if I don't feel like getting my real identity trolled by Hot Toys fanboys on facebook :dunno Your war protest comparison would only be used by said fanboys to make QC complainers look like fools so no, that won't exactly stir me to action either.

If I can hurt Hot Toys by sending it back I will do that. If not, what's the ****ing point if the only people who'll lose out is Timcent and me (my shipping money).

Last edited:
A courier service? What, normal trackable shipping wouldn't do? Couriers are a bigger price bracket in Ireland and for a box that size......

edit - hmmm, well, unless I underestimated the weight of the box its actually not as high as I thought.

I take your point, the main thing about courier companies is the ability to stipulate a service, where a signature MUST be obtained at the deliver address..for refunds, tracking alone may not be sufficient.. just trying to protect peeps.. only thing worse than paying to return a product for a refund, is the returned item 'vanishing'.. then you really are in the s***!

This also applies if you are selling an expensive collectible, use a signature courier service for delivery.

hot toys will probably not even respond to the letter. They just have too big a customer base to care about a few hundred people.

I'm baffled that you'll all ***** and moan on this forum literally all day long but most of you can't be bothered to actually speak your mind on Facebook. Our parents took fire hoses and rubber bullets and tear gas and police batons when they protested a war and most of you are too afraid to protest a toy on Facebook.
Not me, I've done nothing but post pictures on there :lol

I'm not into collecting much. I'm all Robocop, but I think those couple of hundred are their customer base. Does anyone have numbers of how many units they sell of a figure releas.

If a figure is not a limited edition, I would expect a product run of over a thousand.. I would not be surprised if all of the ED-209s suffer from these problems sooner or later.. and the emphasis currently appears to be on sooner

Would be nice if we could get hold of Howard Chans email or phone number and tell him what we think!!! :mad:

Hot Toys will be at Comic Con, right? I would suggest asking about it there. They can't easily ignore you in person and maybe they'll be more open to discussing the issues there?

Hi Eisselmann, I thought your letter to Hot Toys was very good indeed.. I have taken the liberty of tidying up some of the English and editing a bit for brevity..I am re-posting it here for affected customers to use on the Hot Toys Facebook page, hope you do not mind.

These are actual pictures of my.. *enter weeks / months figure has been owned here* ... old Hot Toys MMS204 ED209 figure.

As with Hot Toys original ED-209, the dome has started to deteriorate.. Only this time much, much faster.
In addition on MMS204, the rubber sleeves on the arms and legs are also deteriorating already.

The fact that the old Hot Toys ED-209 figure had exactly the same dome problems years ago and your apparent unwillingness to engage with customers over these quality control problems, can only be described as extremely disappointing, Hot Toys products should not start to disintegrate within a few short months of release.

Customers (who have supported Hot Toys, often for many years) are requesting better and constructive dialogue with Hot Toys, to acknowledge and rectify quality control problems, in a timely and effective manner.

Hot Toys current communication with customers, over quality control is disappointingly slow.. and in the case of MMS204, the information on how to contact Hot Toys, with details of individual cases of deteriorating rubber components, has received inadequate publicity.
*An email to Hot Toys Customer Service department ([email protected] ) with photos of the affected areas and the sales receipt*

Hot Toys customers do not want their MMS204 exchanged for a replacement, which will inevitably suffer from exactly the same quality control issues.
Customers are fans of the RoboCop franchise and love the characters, that's why they bought this figure.

Customers want to reach a mutually acceptable solution, TOGETHER with Hot Toys!
If there were to be the possibility of obtaining official Hot Toys replacement parts, consisting of a hard plastic dome and new, durable rubber gaitors for the joints on the MMS204 figure, as a kit available via official Hot Toys outlets, many customers would regard this as a viable solution.

Hot Toys have the opportunity to demonstrate their appreciation of their many loyal customers with this suggested solution.. or to turn MMS204's faulty components, into a notorious case of how a company should not treat its customers, which will do considerable damage to Hot Toys reputation and reduce advance sales of new products to affected customers, for years to come.

No, not at all.
Great work. Thanks. :)

Hot Toys will be at Comic Con, right? I would suggest asking about it there. They can't easily ignore you in person and maybe they'll be more open to discussing the issues there?
Yes, actually take the thing with you and make a fuss, they would hate that. Or even stand there with a placard saying "Hot Toys sells rotten toys" lol

Yes, actually take the thing with you and make a fuss, they would hate that. Or even stand there with a placard saying "Hot Toys sells rotten toys" lol

Hahaha, THAT'ld be great!

Man, I am so pissed.

My retailer just offered me a refund but... I DONT WANNA GIVE THIS GUY AWAY!

Is there any spray that can be used to seal/protect the rubber or its FUBAR?

I am not expecting my toys to last forever but this is unacceptable....

Try silicone oil.

I'm fairly pissed off with Hot Toys at the minute. Not really sure what to do. I can't punish them in the way that I'd like and I can't punish them in the longer term by boycotting their stuff because lets face it, I'm still in for any T1/T2 figures they might make and as long as the larger black portion of Robocop isn't rubber I'm still in for him.

That's why they keep getting away with doing this. And why tis will happen again. Desire outweighs principle.

Not me, I've done nothing but post pictures on there :lol

Right on! Well done, sir. I've wanted this figure for a really long time -- back in 2011 I thought about buying one of the overpriced V1s on Ebay but held myself back. When this V2 was announced I was really excited. It just baffles my mind that HT has pulled the same crap again, and that anyone would be afraid to speak out about it on Facebook. I'm just biding my time for V3 now. See you in three years...

Back