Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Rory I keep facebook separate from the hobby quite deliberately. Though not for work reasons in my case.

Toy+Collectors+What+I+Do.jpg

Yep, exactly...like concentrating fire.
I'll post the first two pics later too, with a big message on it.

But...Olbertfrog...the problem is that we; Eisselmann and myself, didn't buy from SS, or HT.
We bought ours from a german seller...who's really responsible and who checks on this subject with HIS seller.
Dunno if we get something out of it, but...we really should send the word out big time...

If you bought your ED-209 from a German retailer, that retailer will be responsible for the faulty goods.

Hopefully you paid by Credit Card, in which case on a product like this, your Card company will probably provide you with approx three months cover.. if you paid by cash (or Debit Card), you may only have one month and will need to produce the receipt.. if you bought from eBay, via PayPal, you have 45 days cover.

Check German Consumer law, because regulations will vary from country to country (it is useful to be aware of your rights for future reference anyway) ..also remember if your ED-209 is not yet displaying the faults, you are unlikely to get a refund on the basis of what has happened to other people's figures.

That pic is awesome. Great t-shirt material.
About your fear on facebook, just create a new account, dealing strictly with the collecting hobby.
I only have a fake account, because I don't like the whole facebook story, but need it for certain occasions.
Now what I did fir now is write about the quality issues on ed209 on amazon, warning others and spreading the word.
Amiami will not support me, so I asked paypal. I guess it is too late for that, because I received my ed in april.
But all the others, ask paypal for protection, get your money back and say f★★k off to the retailer if he asks you to send back the figure.

About your fear on facebook, just create a new account, dealing strictly with the collecting hobby.
I only have a fake account, because I don't like the whole facebook story, but need it for certain occasions.
Now what I did fir now is write about the quality issues on ed209 on amazon, warning others and spreading the word.
Amiami will not support me, so I asked paypal. I guess it is too late for that, because I received my ed in april.
But all the others, ask paypal for protection, get your money back and say f★★k off to the retailer if he asks you to send back the figure.

It will almost certainly be a legal requirement that you return faulty goods, for a refund.. for obvious reasons.. it is also the case, that in most Consumer law the customer bears the cost of returning the goods.

If you bought your ED-209 from a German retailer, that retailer will be responsible for the faulty goods.

Hopefully you paid by Credit Card, in which case on a product like this, your Card company will probably provide you with approx three months cover.. if you paid by cash (or Debit Card), you may only have one month and will need to produce the receipt.. if you bought from eBay, via PayPal, you have 45 days cover.

Check German Consumer law, because regulations will vary from country to country (it is useful to be aware of your rights for future reference anyway) ..also remember if your ED-209 is not yet displaying the faults, you are unlikely to get a refund on the basis of what has happened to other people's figures.

In Germany we have a 2 year warranty.
That means within the first 6 months a retailer has to prove you that a good wasn't faulty at the time of purchase.
After 6 months you have to prove that a good was faulty from the start.

So we are on a relatively secure side.

Endosickness' and my retailer already responded and is into the topic and will help us find a solution.

But it makes no sense, returning a figure for 100$ shipping cost and then have a new one sent to you.
I'd tell them: oh well in your email you asked me to return the figure bit unfortunately I have certain rules connected to this.
First off you needed to use waaaay more emoticons in your mail and second, you didn't send your mail within 24 minutes. I'm very sorry, but I can't assist you on that matter.
Kind regards.

Just like them, you know what I mean?

All stuff I know, mate.
My seller already responded and most likely he´ll do something about it.

I don´t get why you guys just mean that speaking out loud counts for nothing.
That´s all we can do and why don´t do it.?
I´ll make photos and post´em, why don´t you just do the same?

If you do nothing, than exactly THAT will happen.
If you make your voice heard...something will happen.

But it makes no sense, returning a figure for 100$ shipping cost and then have a new one sent to you.
I'd tell them: oh well in your email you asked me to return the figure bit unfortunately I have certain rules connected to this.
First off you needed to use waaaay more emoticons in your mail and second, you didn't send your mail within 24 minutes. I'm very sorry, but I can't assist you on that matter.
Kind regards.

Just like them, you know what I mean?

This is the problem with purchasing figures from overseas.. it does not change the terms for getting a refund.
Trust me on this, I got stuffed by Hollywood Collectibles Gallery in the US, despite buying from them (payment plan) direct, on exactly this issue with their T-800 Endoarm, mine was damaged in transit.. the cost of returning the faulty item, completely negated the value of doing so.. lesson learned.

If you are returning goods overseas, remember it needs to be sent (via a trackable courier service) to an acknowledged employee, at an authorised address, with Signature required by the Courier when delivering (cannot stress that last one enough)

In Germany we have a 2 year warranty.
That means within the first 6 months a retailer has to prove you that a good wasn't faulty at the time of purchase.
After 6 months you have to prove that a good was faulty from the start.

So we are on a relatively secure side.

Endosickness' and my retailer already responded and is into the topic and will help us find a solution.

Glad to hear you both seem to be covered on this issue. :hi5:

If you are returning goods overseas, remember it needs to be sent (via a trackable courier service) to an acknowledged employee, at an authorised address, with Signature required by the Courier when delivering (cannot stress that last one enough)

A courier service? What, normal trackable shipping wouldn't do? Couriers are a bigger price bracket in Ireland and for a box that size......

edit - hmmm, well, unless I underestimated the weight of the box its actually not as high as I thought.

Good one sidious :lol

Thank you Sir. :hi5:

You could not get me to sign up for FB even if you paid me buddy. :wink1:

I love the "What I think I do" :lol

That pic could have been any movie icon really. :lol

I'm baffled that you'll all ***** and moan on this forum literally all day long but most of you can't be bothered to actually speak your mind on Facebook. Our parents took fire hoses and rubber bullets and tear gas and police batons when they protested a war and most of you are too afraid to protest a toy on Facebook.

I'm baffled that you'll all ***** and moan on this forum literally all day long but most of you can't be bothered to actually speak your mind on Facebook. Our parents took fire hoses and rubber bullets and tear gas and police batons when they protested a war and most of you are too afraid to protest a toy on Facebook.

45509371.jpg

I think everyone of us should post on their facebook page.

I was so free to write something.

I think we should all use the same text over and over again so it looks massive on their page.

How do you think about this text?
I am sorry, I am no native english speaker but I hope the text conveys what I mean:

Hi Eisselmann, I thought your letter to Hot Toys was very good indeed.. I have taken the liberty of tidying up some of the English and editing a bit for brevity..I am re-posting it here for affected customers to use on the Hot Toys Facebook page, hope you do not mind.

These are actual pictures of my.. *enter weeks / months figure has been owned here* ... old Hot Toys MMS204 ED209 figure.

As with Hot Toys original ED-209, the dome has started to deteriorate.. Only this time much, much faster.
In addition on MMS204, the rubber sleeves on the arms and legs are also deteriorating already.

The fact that the old Hot Toys ED-209 figure had exactly the same dome problems years ago and your apparent unwillingness to engage with customers over these quality control problems, can only be described as extremely disappointing, Hot Toys products should not start to disintegrate within a few short months of release.

Customers (who have supported Hot Toys, often for many years) are requesting better and constructive dialogue with Hot Toys, to acknowledge and rectify quality control problems, in a timely and effective manner.

Hot Toys current communication with customers, over quality control is disappointingly slow.. and in the case of MMS204, the information on how to contact Hot Toys, with details of individual cases of deteriorating rubber components, has received inadequate publicity.
*An email to Hot Toys Customer Service department ([email protected] ) with photos of the affected areas and the sales receipt*

Hot Toys customers do not want their MMS204 exchanged for a replacement, which will inevitably suffer from exactly the same quality control issues.
Customers are fans of the RoboCop franchise and love the characters, that's why they bought this figure.

Customers want to reach a mutually acceptable solution, TOGETHER with Hot Toys!
If there were to be the possibility of obtaining official Hot Toys replacement parts, consisting of a hard plastic dome and new, durable rubber gaitors for the joints on the MMS204 figure, as a kit available via official Hot Toys outlets, many customers would regard this as a viable solution.

Hot Toys have the opportunity to demonstrate their appreciation of their many loyal customers with this suggested solution.. or to turn MMS204's faulty components, into a notorious case of how a company should not treat its customers, which will do considerable damage to Hot Toys reputation and reduce advance sales of new products to affected customers, for years to come.

very good letter. If ht don't respond to that then they really have lost the plot and many customers also

But I know what those guys are concerned about.
If you deal with customers or other clients, you might not always want them to know you are a nerd at heart.
Anyways, those suckers from hot toys aren't going to do anything.
What we can do now is complain about it on every source available and stop buying stuff from them.
Half a year with no sales and they are going to crawl so deep in our a★★es, that we will even feel sorry for them.
They are way too confident about their place right now.

Back