Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this fig is just too silvery so I just now cancelled my order of him and even with the $25 discount it wasn't worth it.

I'm now hoping for a version of RoboCop from the RoboCop 2 movie that has more blue and purple tones to it and that's at least 70% diecast.

Finally too the time to really Check mine out.
Beautiful sculpt, proportions.
But yeah that Damn silver Color is really a shame.
How could they be so wrong? I firmly believe they do it on purpose.
More versions down the road.

I'm now hoping for a version of RoboCop from the RoboCop 2 movie that has more blue and purple tones to it and that's at least 70% diecast.
I love the color of this Robocop! Yes it's silver but it does have purple tones. I think this is how Robocop should have looked in the 1987 movie.

Also, now way they're going to make a 70% die cast version, this Robocop is already very heavy!

I bet the Battle Damaged Robocop will have the same paint application as this version, just my 2 cents.

I love the color of this Robocop! Yes it's silver but it does have purple tones. I think this is how Robocop should have looked in the 1987 movie.

Also, now way they're going to make a 70% die cast version, this Robocop is already very heavy!

I bet the Battle Damaged Robocop will have the same paint application as this version, just my 2 cents.

It's like how I imagine Robocop's armour would look if he were being 'dressed up' for some kind of ceremonial event. As they painted it it is beautiful, it's just not what it actually looked like in the film. Needed to be darker. Such a pity, this would have been a damn near perfect figure, heck the whole line was almost 'perfect' but between ED-209's rubber, his badly redubbed voice and disjointed sound effects and Robocop's paint it falls short of the magnificence we could have had.

Nevertheless I own all the releases so far and will complete the line with BD Robocop and Alex Murphy and I'm really looking forward to that.

If they get the paint screen accurate on the BD RoboCop then I may consider getting this repainted more seriously... If they use exactly the same paint on BD then I won't bother.

sdcc2013_sideshow_116.jpg

Alas, what could've been. :monkey2

I'm really not too bothered with the paint since the sculpt is just awesome. There are only a few things in the figure that bothers me and that's the use of rubber parts , it has no full face inside the helmet and that I cannot find the batteries needed for the voice gimmick. I'm still happy with it and I might consider getting the BD version with the Murphy figure.

Ah ok. Sorry then. Peace! :)

Lol no offense taken :) I'm now thinking of just attaching a wire from a power adapter at this point if I can't get my hands on these batteries! At least I won't be worried of any battery leakage or finding replacement batteries lol.

sdcc2013_sideshow_116.jpg

Alas, what could've been. :monkey2

I know, I just sold mine on Monday. It looked great, the sculpting, the look & the weight of it made it all seem like a great figure......but
The glaringly obvious wrong colour of the metal, the most simple feature and it was out. I didn't like a silver robocop
So sold him and ain't gonna miss him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if robocops arms pop out by pulling on them or if you gotta take the screws off on the inside of the arm? I only ask, because the paint on the left bicep is cracking and i wanna get it replaced if possible. Its been months since i got it off of sideshow, so i would have to go the ebay route for a replacement.

Back