Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So alter ego comics just charged my account $35 and then cancelled my order without so much as an e-mail

what the hell is going on?

You should have ordered from bigbadtoystore, they still have some instock. I ordered on saturday and it shipped today.

So alter ego comics just charged my account $35 and then cancelled my order without so much as an e-mail

what the hell is going on?

I had them cancel an order of mine a couple of months ago. The credit card I used when I placed the pre-order had since expired, but instead of e-mailing me to let me know they actually called my home phone and left a voicemail. Unfortunately, I almost never check my home voicemail so I didn't get the message until about a week and half after they called. They ended up canceling my order and by the time I found out about all this the product I ordered had sold out. I don't mind them calling (that's actually pretty cool, just not useful in my case), but they REALLY should have sent an email as well. I definitely would have received the email and been able to give them my updated cc information. Long story short - check your voicemail. Maybe they called you instead of sending an email like they did in my case.

This figure still gives me the warm and fuzzys after all these months having him, Looking forward to the Robocop/Murphy two pack but I've been really wanting the to see Hot Toys take a shot at Robocop 2 next. I know with timing being key to hot toys they likely won't drop that PO until stock on the BD version starts selling down, but I really would like the version 2 suit on the shelf, the colors really Pop in that movie.

MV5BMTQ4MjY4NTgzNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDcwODU2NA@@._V1._SX640_SY950_.jpg

2559621_orig.png

robocop2FEATUR.jpg

vlcsnap-2011-09-30-00h57m33s201_large.png

Robocop 2, in hand, would be better paint job for robocop 1 vs current ht robocop release

Robocop 2, in hand, would be better paint job for robocop 1 vs current ht robocop release

I don't have the same issues with the paint that some do, considering the colors seen on film was achieved the using tricks and special filters along with rub downs in oil

Here is the write from the Robocop database

THE COLOR OF THE SUIT
The RoboCop suits was painted in a variety of ways on different films. The first and third suits were very gray, whereas the suit in 2 tended towards a very plasticy blue. The suit in RoboCop:prime Directives is back to the original gray colour scheme (albeit seriously battle-damaged).

The RoboCop suits are more green than anything when seen in real life - they're painted with a special photoreactive paint that registers metallic on film.

That being the case I think Hot Toys did a nice job re-creating the look of the first suit, it may not be perfect but Like the movie suit it takes on a different look depending on lighting.

All I'm looking for is a chance to get the Robocop 2 figure as I think it would make for a stunning piece in the collection.

I understand that rhe paint was hard to achieve, I would rather have an overly blue/purple robo than an overly silver robo
I've watched robo recently and he, by far, comes off as more gray/blue/purple than silver

I understand that rhe paint was hard to achieve, I would rather have an overly blue/purple robo than an overly silver robo
I've watched robo recently and he, by far, comes off as more gray/blue/purple than silver

Looking at him under regular incandescent lights he does look very silver on the shelf, but picking him up and looking at him close in hand all the colors can be seen, funny enough like the movie suit looks different on film than it looks like in person the same can be said for the figure, it looks more like the movie when flash photography is used like here in my pictures.

16023021439_e857c7856c_b.jpg

16021613638_4828252bca_b.jpg

15586724634_07b32b3726_b.jpg

15586721334_a0d266b345_b.jpg

Some will argue it should look like that in hand, but I say it can under the right lighting, like LED lights used in a lot of collectors detolfs. I'm not interesting in changing peoples minds about what they see in front of them, if you like it great, if not that's OK too. I love the figure an I'm glad to have it, that's good enough for me:)

I am dying to have it, for me it looks perfect. The question is if after this one I will go for the BD + Murphy combo.

Back