Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got this figure as well. Overall it's a pretty sweet looking figure. I do have to point out that amount of plastic compared to die cast parts are a bit misleading on HT's part. They shouldn't have marketed as a die cast toy if there is more plastic than die cast. The skin tone does look a bit too dark. It's very noticeable in person. It all depends if you can live with the faults. I still feel a bit peeved that I had to pay 300 for a figure that was made mostly out of plastic. It is what it is and I already have the figure and like it enough to keep it. Still can't ignore the faults though.

At least you got some diecast, would you rather pay 500.00 for a EB figure that has all plastic? Best to kinda look at things in perspective.

Yes?

Lol, just messing with you.

They are both great, lets just leave it at that.

:)

Agreed! :duff if I had the money it would maybe be the only 1/4 piece I would ever own, even if it is from Robocop 3, I doubt Hot Toys will release one considering they have been on a 1/6 fix and have no interest in 1/4.

EDIT: Fran you must of caught me on a good day, I just put over the EB figure wow!

Yes?

Lol, just messing with you.

They are both great, lets just leave it at that.

:)

Agreed! :duff if I had the money it would maybe be the only 1/4 piece I would ever own, even if it is from Robocop 3, I doubt Hot Toys will release one considering they have been on a 1/6 fix and have no interest in 1/4.

EDIT: Fran you must of caught me on a good day, I just put over the EB figure wow!

:grouphug

WrestleMania_06_-_Ultimate_Warrior_Vs_Hulk_Hogan_03.jpg

I just got him today. I like him a lot, but he's not without his flaws. The ankle joints tend to be very loose and he begins to fall over head first. I can't get his hands to grip his gun a believable manner either.

I can't get his hands to grip his gun a believable manner either.

THIS.

Might as well pose him without it. It really looks HORRIBLE when holding the gun, I can not for the life of me make it look a bit NORMAL.

I will never understand why they didn't include a dedicated hand. Just blows my mind.

These articulated hands work on Iron Man, that's it. Not ****ing Robocop .

THIS.

Might as well pose him without it. It really looks HORRIBLE when holding the gun, I can not for the life of me make it look a bit NORMAL.

I will never understand why they didn't include a dedicated hand. Just blows my mind.

Agreed! My biggest problems with posing this figure was the damn stupid hands, awkward and sticky leg joints and very weak ankles.

THIS.

These articulated hands work on Iron Man, that's it. Not ****ing Robocop

So far this is my only gripe with this figure, I don't even mind the silver that much. These articulated hands
are worthless for holding the gun, why the hell they didn't make a set of trigger hands too is unknown.
HT has always done trigger hands so it just makes no sense not to include them with this figure who is
famous for holding his GUN!!! My robo has no scratches though at least :yess: I will take pictures later.

Yeah I can almost get the hand to hold the gun convincingly, but it's a struggle. At the very least they could have put a magnet inside or something.

The other small annoyance is the stand, whose prongs don't extend far enough to actually hold the figure. I don't normally bother with a stand, but given the weight of this figure and the delicacy of the paintjob, this is one I would definitely NOT want to accidentally fall over onto the floor at some point.

Yeah I can almost get the hand to hold the gun convincingly, but it's a struggle. At the very least they could have put a magnet inside or something.

The other small annoyance is the stand, whose prongs don't extend far enough to actually hold the figure. I don't normally bother with a stand, but given the weight of this figure and the delicacy of the paintjob, this is one I would definitely NOT want to accidentally fall over onto the floor at some point.

Yes the hands are not suited to holding things being that articulated, for 300 bucks u think we would get proper hands.
As for the stand mine works really well, I can tell that its actually holding him up some.

When posing, I first take the gun out so it doesn't fall out, hit the pose, then fumble with putting the gun back in
It's a good design for a non gun holding hand, but can be very frustrating

"Dead or alive you're coming with me!"

Awesome figure, glad I pulled the trigger on this one... no pun intended. Sorry about the filters, my camera blows and they help with the quality haha.

LBYK7f.jpg

pa1akz.jpg

wjR0Rl.jpg

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's anything to look out for when getting this?

Getting the leg open for the holster was a pain, and hard to do for me, felt like I was going to break it. 1 person on this thread got a robocop with a broken leg right out of the box, it was broken at the joint. Some have reported pulling the arms off but being able to put them back on. When changing face plates, remove the bottom jaw part, the black part so that you don't scuff up the pain on the face plate.

Anything else guys?

How did you get the hand to hold the gun like that?

I read that people said it was hard, I didn't have any problems with it, I first just positioned the thumb, instead of having the thumb stick straight up I had it wrap behind the hammer, it has a lot of articulation for you to maneuver it a lot, then the fingers just naturally tightened around the handle and trigger.

Back