Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am really nervous about the rubber elbows, I have him posed how I want for the moment but what do u guys think of the
rubber in the elbows? does it look like it will last?

I am really nervous about the rubber elbows, I have him posed how I want for the moment but what do u guys think of the
rubber in the elbows? does it look like it will last?

When was the last time there were any problems other than ED 209? I never read any problems with Batman, and I would assume they have the same thin layer of rubber. I saw a video of the original Hot Toys Robocop recently and the guys V1 had good rubber and thing is like over 5 years old. Rubber isn't going to last over say maybe 10 years, but you have to ask yourself how many years do you CollectorGuy expect to keep this figure and enjoy it? I think they have pretty much fixed any problems they have, and all the fear that surrounds rubber is kinda un founded. I bet there are more figures that are still hanging in there than there are that break. Once again I would love someone to compile a list of which ones break and which ones don't.

Hellboy had broken knee joints but his rubber lasted longer, 300's leonidas is still hanging in there from what I'm reading too. Do you plan on selling it down the road? I guess only time will tell but I don't have any fears.

Well here is a few shots:

10565277_858918480795693_3831403920224117353_n.jpg
1939643_858918007462407_6964424849707634522_n.jpg
10325562_858919167462291_7793608711820892537_n.jpg

"Dead or alive you're coming with me!"

Awesome figure, glad I pulled the trigger on this one... no pun intended. Sorry about the filters, my camera blows and they help with the quality haha.

LBYK7f.jpg

pa1akz.jpg

wjR0Rl.jpg

Got this figure today - Its been a long wait since I sold my Robocop 3 figure years ago!
View attachment 149349

Congrats on getting Robo, love the pics! :clap

So I was counting my Hot Toys funds last night (naked in my bed :wink1:) and it appears I have about $620 in my “1/6 piggy bank”. Which breaks down to two Hot Toys action figures…….eeeehhh!! I have Chewbacca down for a “100% purchase”. Which leaves the rest for most likely Robocop (might have to pass on BD Robo. I see more value in the regular). Its good and bad I guess. Good because you hold out for the best possible purchase for you collection. Bad because...you can feel it might be harder to keep up in the years to come!! Would still love to have Batman Returns, Penguin and “maybe” Ripley down the road. Any HT Star Wars outside Chewbacca is pretty much....No.

So I was counting my Hot Toys funds last night (naked in my bed :wink1:) and it appears I have about $620 in my “1/6 piggy bank”. Which breaks down to two Hot Toys action figures…….eeeehhh!! I have Chewbacca down for a “100% purchase”. Which leaves the rest for most likely Robocop (might have to pass on BD Robo. I see more value in the regular). Its good and bad I guess. Good because you hold out for the best possible purchase for you collection. Bad because...you can feel it might be harder to keep up in the years to come!! Would still love to have Batman Returns, Penguin and “maybe” Ripley down the road. Any HT Star Wars outside Chewbacca is pretty much....No.

Chewy is a good piece, as for BD Robo...... who knows what the future holds my little shrek. Maybe you will have more money when he eventually comes out, maybe he will go for a huge discount like ED 209 did, time will tell I'm glad you are getting a Robo either way and I hope you enjoy it man. It does look a lot better in person!

Got mine in the mail yesterday and I'm very impressed!

Color in-hand looks great to me, I saw some photos that looked very silver but I was very happy with the tones. Overall it looks like an improvement over the original in terms of sculpting, articulation and proportions. The original Robo is a great figure, and had this v2 never happened I'd have kept him and never been bothered, but this was is just superior all the way around.

Not sure what the concern about the skin tone is, looks very life-like to me. And 1/6 figures tend to be a touch darker than real life, but it's nothing that has ever been a concern to me.

My only nits on the figure are:
1) not really digging the hands... very cool that they are so poseable, but I'd have preferred the hand assortment that came with the original. I can't get a very good looking gun grip (although Ajk's looks good, so I'll try again) and they just seem a bit over-sized. Ideally we could have had 6 or so posed hands and these poseable ones.

2) the stand doesn't seem to actually do anything, I can't seem to get the crotch grabber any higher than mid-thigh which means it offers no protection against falling. Not sure why they bothered to include a stand if it doesn't actually grip the figure :huh Now, maybe I just haven't figured it out, but from what I can tell it is not compatible with him.

3. The Leg holster is a bit of a paint, hard to open and doesn't seem as well engineered as the original.

Thanks, I needed that :duff

View attachment 148522
Has anyone seen Galacticboy's DICKJONES? It looks good in this pic but in other angles :monkey2
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...04612-hot-toys-robocop-project-2012-a-76.html

Sure, I've seen it :lol

Keep in mind this figure was $60 at a time when most were over $100... so for what I paid it's a great value. Suit is a bit frumpy, but I really never did an extensive futzing with it and while the sculpt is solid the paint is pretty basic. I'm actually repainting the head now, so hopefully the final figure will look a bit better. But, if you want a **** Jones in your collection this seems to be the best option out there and Saturday Toys also released a blue suit version from the end of the movie.

Here he is (still the stock figure) with the new ED-209:

108e04cc-f9dc-4b57-b7f9-50a58d26521a_zps697e51cd.jpg

They're not your typical, run-of-the-mill batteries. I couldn't find them at Best Buy or TRU, so I wound up buying them...for $7.50...at RadioShack. :banghead Hope you have better luck. :duff

A touch annoyed these weren't included, or that they decided to go with an odd battery type. You'd think for $300 we could have a fully working figure right out of the box :huh

Getting the leg open for the holster was a pain, and hard to do for me, felt like I was going to break it. 1 person on this thread got a robocop with a broken leg right out of the box, it was broken at the joint. Some have reported pulling the arms off but being able to put them back on. When changing face plates, remove the bottom jaw part, the black part so that you don't scuff up the pain on the face plate.

Anything else guys?

The opening holster is not very well designed... not sure what changed, but seemed like it was a lot easier to work on the original figure.

A touch annoyed these weren't included, or that they decided to go with an odd battery type. You'd think for $300 we could have a fully working figure right out of the box.
I don't believe they are allowed to ship internationally with batteries of that size. My understanding is that batteries can only ship if they're sealed in. Guessing this would limit shipping to rechargeables only.

Back