Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own Terminator so it has no affect on me, but I'd take a Robocop that's shorter and properly proportioned to himself, over one that looks like he was stretched out on a rack. The extendable torso is for achieving ab-crunch poses; if he's standing straight up with the torso extended it looks all kinds of wrong.

I've been thinking similarly about those long ankle pegs (height extenders) on figures like the T-800. I think they raise the knee too much and make the lower legs look unnaturally long. Achieving a more desirable height is all well and good but at the cost of the internal proportions? It doesn't sit well with me anymore.

Decided I'm going to buy another robo and get my mate to airbrush the silver for the more screen accurate look. He has airbrushed robo suits for Bruce Hansing (robo suit replica maker)

Can't wait to see the results BuGz!!!

...can't wait to get mine in either :gah:

Looks incredible even though it is the wrong color.

So is the general consensus for those who have received your Robocop’s that you are filtering past the inaccurate colour and are amazed at the beauty of the figure? How many of you think the colour is perfect?

So is the general consensus for those who have received your Robocop’s that you are filtering past the inaccurate colour and are amazed at the beauty of the figure? How many of you think the colour is perfect?

Basically yeah. The color is too silver but it still looks amazing. While I do wish the color was more like the prototype, I take some small consolation that, to my knowledge, no mass produced RoboCop toy has EVER gotten the color right. Every RoboCop toy I have ever seen or owned has been silver (or blue). So, in that respect, it's to be expected I suppose. Presumably it is either too expensive and/or too difficult to recreate the paintjob seen on screen in a mass produced toy. If it weren't then I'd think we'd have seen another company do it by now.

When the preorder picts went up last year, I immediately went on the fence. I didn’t care about the die cast or the sound feature. Was not too excited about the price but most of all I wanted a unmasked head to be included (BD was not announced then). So instead of jumping up and down in excitement (like I have with so many other announcements), I admit I was disappointed. Fast forward to the announcement of the BD version (stand alone version). The head sculpt is truly amazing but the combination of lack of accessories (BD helmet accessory), no diecast/sound feature at the same price as the regular version (reused parts) had me again not jumping up and down in excitement and left me once again disappointed.

Both presentations have a “lacking” feeling for me. I have already decided that $600+ to own both figures is way too much. So I pull out the calculator and do some calculations. Do I decide to get the regular version and buy the BD head down the road or Purchase the BD version and pick up the BD helmet on ebay.

And now today as the pics are rolling in, the figure looks great but I am not IN LOVE with the shiny paint. It lacks the “essence” of the Robocop I know. I went back to page one and immediately fell in love with the pro to “blue/gun metal” colour scheme.

Overall I just don’t know. Finding it very hard to pull the trigger on both versions. I have this “I’m not convinced” feeling. Part of me is saying hold off for a possible Robocop 2 version. I can see HT milking the Robo license (maybe one of the reasons colour was off). Maybe when Robocop 2 is released it might be full of incentives to force people to triple dip!!!!

Just my thoughts and feelings as a collector. I mean no harsh words to anyone!

Word!!

Bo, yeah for $300 you have every right to have reservations, and you have plenty of time to think about it. Who knows, this might even go on sale. I had reservations myself until I got it in hand, even thought about cancelling after seeing the pics. It is a lot like the DX12 if you have that figure where it is just so much better in hand. Still, if you think the color will bother ya, maybe you could try and track one down and have a look at it in person and if that isn't a option, maybe get it from a place that has a good return policy. I think that once you have it though, you will want to keep it! Again, you have plenty of time to think about it.

So I don't know when I'll be getting mine now cause they said they will charge me the remaining balance at some point, they haven't even said when. I'd go into whats going on here, but I got a feeling SS reads these posts so I wont really go into it but I'm thinking I'm going to be waiting a bit.

Just got mine! Stunning in hand, feels like a million bucks (ok$300)..good heft and that's without the batteries. Solid joints stands great without the stand. Looks incredible even though it is the wrong color. All that goes away pretty fast when you start messing around with him. He looks like a damn jewel standing there before your eyes. Mint indeed.

Quite simply the best Robo ever released and I cannot wait to add the BD. Only negative is they didn't include the gun holding hand, and it is kind of a big deal on the patience meter. Going to have to get some blue tack or something..

All and all a fantastic release and every bit worthy of 'figure of the year' status. Simply blown away. Yankees open yours.

Congrats on the pickup, man! :clap I'm glad you love the figure, now I'm even more amped up to liberate Robo's shiny ass from his cardboard prison. :lol But first, I have to get batteries and a screwdriver.

So I don't know when I'll be getting mine now cause they said they will charge me the remaining balance at some point, they haven't even said when. I'd go into whats going on here, but I got a feeling SS reads these posts so I wont really go into it but I'm thinking I'm going to be waiting a bit.

Sure wish I knew what was going on here. SS hasn't been very specific with me. Just the usual "Still waiting on shipment. We will notify you when..." It's getting old. I haven't been on PO as long as most of you guys but that doesn't mean I haven't been waiting for this since it was first announced. *sigh* I just want answers.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Was checking out some reviews and noticed the diecast parts had a slight purplish hue to it. Does everyone see this on their figure? I find it's pretty dumb if it does. Cause not only do they market it as "diecast" but have less than 20% of it being that material and then shamelessly charging us $300 bucks for it. But their decision to do so may have also led to a defective product where the paints don't match with that purplish hue. I would have rather they made it all non-diecast if doing so means we don't get mismatched colors.

And I agree with everyone.. the overall paint job is a touch too silver for sure. it does need a touch of blue to it.

But still looking forward to this figure. Like many ppl here, my buddy ordered this for my bday "last" year summer already and he didn't get any shipment yet. haha

Not sure if this was mentioned yet. Was checking out some reviews and noticed the diecast parts had a slight purplish hue to it. Does everyone see this on their figure? I find it's pretty dumb if it does. Cause not only do they market it as "diecast" but have less than 20% of it being that material and then shamelessly charging us $300 bucks for it. But their decision to do so may have also led to a defective product where the paints don't match with that purplish hue. I would have rather they made it all non-diecast if doing so means we don't get mismatched colors.
Not sure if trolling...

And I agree with everyone.. the overall paint job is a touch too silver for sure. it does need a touch of blue to it.

But still looking forward to this figure. Like many ppl here, my buddy ordered this for my bday "last" year summer already and he didn't get any shipment yet. haha

That was OMG's photo, right? They don't have a purplish hue, OMG did that to differentiate which parts were diecast.

Edit: Assuming this is a legit question, that's just the way Robo was painted. It's not just the arms, but you can see it in the torso and the rest of the body as well, some purples will come through.

:pfft::pfft: I was just sharing an added feature of the figure with pictures, ur welcome!!! spanbuer...

Last edited:
Congrats on the pickup, man! :clap I'm glad you love the figure, now I'm even more amped up to liberate Robo's shiny ass from his cardboard prison. :lol But first, I have to get batteries and a screwdriver.

Make sure you get scissors too, you might have to cut some tape off

Thanks dude.:duff

I don't even know if my electronics work yet. Seems kind of a waste to buy batteries just to take them back out again, and have no other use for them.:confused:

Back