Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to opening this guy and putting him on the shelf. Overall, I am very pleased. I do wish the color was more like the prototype, but it definitely is not bad at all. One thing that did kind of irk me was the pistons on the back of his legs. One of them had completely fallen out. Luckily it was fairly easy to put it back in, but it is a bit scary because it's such a thin fragile-feeling piece of plastic. Since the figure is marketed as a diecast figure (but has little diecast) and it costs $300, would it have killed Hot Toys to use a real metal rod for this pistons instead of plastic?

Anyway, here are some terrible phone pics :)

2mwirm.jpg

9kv1u1.jpg

Finally got around to opening this guy and putting him on the shelf. Overall, I am very pleased. I do wish the color was more like the prototype, but it definitely is not bad at all. One thing that did kind of irk me was the pistons on the back of his legs. One of them had completely fallen out. Luckily it was fairly easy to put it back in, but it is a bit scary because it's such a thin fragile-feeling piece of plastic. Since the figure is marketed as a diecast figure (but has little diecast) and it costs $300, would it have killed Hot Toys to use a real metal rod for this pistons instead of plastic?

Anyway, here are some terrible phone pics :)

2mwirm.jpg

9kv1u1.jpg

How much taller is the T-800 base? Robo looks smaller is stature in the first side by side pic.
Great Pics!

How much taller is the T-800 base? Robo looks smaller is stature in the first side by side pic.
Great Pics!

I don't have exact measurements, but the T-800 stand is definitely a bit taller. 2-3 centimeters if I were to guess. When you put them side by side without the stands, the T-800 is still a bit taller, but not by as much. Here are some pics

28832o3.jpg

116qqfr.jpg

I don't have exact measurements, but the T-800 stand is definitely a bit taller. 2-3 centimeters if I were to guess. When you put them side by side without the stands, the T-800 is still a bit taller, but not by as much. Here are some pics

28832o3.jpg

116qqfr.jpg

Thank for the great comparison pictures!! I would have thought Robo would be slightly taller and with more girth?

116qqfr.jpg

Flawed? Yes. Do they still look great together? ******* hell yes! :rock

if you extend the second joint in Robocops torso, he becomes taller the T800 bd. for sure. try it out dudes :wink1:

If you look at some of the other pics and videos around, you've actually done quite well to just have that. Others have been shown with significant scratches, non matching paint sections and uneven paint application. If you're being 100% museum perfection, Hot Toys mostly manage about 70% in my personal experience. There are usually a few odd things here and there you could use to distinguish your figure from any other of the same model... *if* you're a total hawk for every single detail :)

Thanks for the reply.

Decided I'm going to buy another robo and get my mate to airbrush the silver for the more screen accurate look. He has airbrushed robo suits for Bruce Hansing (robo suit replica maker)

I don't own Terminator so it has no affect on me, but I'd take a Robocop that's shorter and properly proportioned to himself, over one that looks like he was stretched out on a rack. The extendable torso is for achieving ab-crunch poses; if he's standing straight up with the torso extended it looks all kinds of wrong.

Just got mine! Stunning in hand, feels like a million bucks (ok$300)..good heft and that's without the batteries. Solid joints stands great without the stand. Looks incredible even though it is the wrong color. All that goes away pretty fast when you start messing around with him. He looks like a damn jewel standing there before your eyes. Mint indeed.

Quite simply the best Robo ever released and I cannot wait to add the BD. Only negative is they didn't include the gun holding hand, and it is kind of a big deal on the patience meter. Going to have to get some blue tack or something..

All and all a fantastic release and every bit worthy of 'figure of the year' status. Simply blown away. Yankees open yours.

Back