Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... and my personal view, look at the bottom right of the image in #5953; HT have not worked out how the shoulders worked. They should extend way up and then the arm can come through at the normal level.

Because the HT shoulders don't sit high enough, the arm connection to the torso comes through at an impossible level for the actor. Hence the pointing in the top right of the image looks so off.

If you look here, the shoulders should come right up level with his chin, but the HT shoulders don't even clear the rings;

View attachment 144654

I see what you mean. Could be worse though, the shoulders on the old McFarlane figure don't even clear the base of the rings let alone the tops of them. Always bugged the **** out of me back then.

:thud:

Nice dude, but I think the car is sitting too low

yea it is, but its just a B.... to work with that body. Since most of it has been cut up its very flimsy and I would need to build a frame to be stable and do it right....and im not doing it,lol. So im going to live with the fact that the front tires were blown out in the gun fight therefore making it sit lower....or hes from cali and he likes his car laying frame!:rotfl

Just an observation that i just noticed walking thru my kitchen with Robo, the paint really reacts with fluorescent lighting, I mean nothing crazy but I definitely see alot more different hues in that lighting other than led or regular bulbs.

I have the original HT Robo and the way the shoulder joints are made you can adjust them to be higher or lower. I always kept them pushed up to give it that accurate "high shoulder" look. I wonder if this guy is made the same way...

Yeah, if the car comes up, so the base of it is level with the bottom of the top section of his leg piston it will look right :)

Oh sure. The Figma and McFarlane are the same, the shoulders are almost in line with the collar, completely wrong;

View attachment 144670

The NECAs are a bit better;

View attachment 144671
View attachment 144672

The Fred Barton 1:1 gets them too low;

View attachment 144669

The Sideshow is a bit more like it... but has so much else wrong;

View attachment 144673

Play Arts Kai is so crazy, but actually right for its own proportions;

View attachment 144674

Old Hot Toys, far too low;

View attachment 144675

Enterbay, pretty much there, but still a touch low imho;

View attachment 144676

I'm not gonna bother with the vintage ones, as they're made for good play value not movie accuracy :)
agree with eb being a little too low, but a nice pic of it

agree with eb being a little too low, but a nice pic of it

Gratzi!!, yea but im done with it! it seemed like a pretty easy idea and just ended up being more trouble than it was worth. I think ill just save some mula and scrap the car and get ED although it wont fit but I like the way the look together.

For my money, i.e. the money I will never spend on it, the Enterbay takes the crown. But, as has been said many times, it's got a load of electronics and extra bits with it that could be let go to ease the price considerably... like halve it.

But I've gotta hand it to them, theirs beats the HT in a way none of us anticipated on the strength of those awesome HT prototype shots :)

Good thing, its only your opinion I want a Robocop not a ugly Robocrap 3 , Robocop, and please don't argue that its got a Weller sculpt cause the only one that is officially Weller is the HT's one, otherwise at the first sign of him suing EB they would pull their figure quick I'm sure or deny that it looks nothing like Weller

Thats it sir reported to Mr. Weller, hope you are happy now BD Robo will go up in price and we'll have to pay! :rotfl You would think with EB not having the licensing rights that the figure would be cheaper than 600.00 btw man you are entitled to your opinion and it wont stop me from enjoying this figure.

Also the top of the dome on the EB one is too big but no one points that out of coarse that all could be scale., and the neck looks exactly like the V.1 HT's one, just plain ugly well for 600.00 bucks that is.

They're at slightly different angles, but it's close enough for our purposes. And last thing I'd want to do is stop anyone from enjoying their hobby. There's no harm in differing opinions though. But FWIW I think both manufacturers are charging too much. But that doesn't blind me to which of the above is better; in that image alone, you can see HT have the neck wrong, and the proportions on the circle on the side of his head where the bolt comes out. Not to mention the glorious finish on the EB and various other details... the list goes on :)

That's the truth!

Looks like my robo will be here Monday!

Without trying to bring the EB one into a Hot Toys thread (AGAIN), I wouldn't have minded the EB one had it been far less expensive. I'm not paying half a grand for any piece of plastic. But I do like it, I know, controversial, but I do.

This all comes down to lighting I think. And I think the actual suit was that way as well.

Back