Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you using the metal heavy gun or the light plastic one? Cause the metal one is for the holster.

I have the metal in the holster, and was posing him with the plastic one. I can get him to hold it after awhile fiddling with it but any significant movement and it shifts or falls. But luckily when I was buying some supplies at the Hobby Lobby they had this tacky something stuff that sticks photos and what not to things. So I pulled a little wad of it and it holds perfectly. Without the stuff I could never hold it straight it would always lean inward a bit.

Your woman needs to get the message when it comes to your time posing Robo, N3M!

hahahahaa ROFL, Ohh my I feel like a tard not knowing that!! Very funny. To be honest.... and I hope I dont get hung but I just purchased both Terminator and Robocop movies when I bought the figures. I never got more than 15 or so minutes in Terminator when I was younger and Robocop I watched a few minutes here and there, so I dont know most characters by name. But great way to start my day man, Ill be laughing all day. Cant wait till my chick when she comes home im going to be like I owe you this " ***** leave" lol then when shes kicking my ass ill tell her you told me to say it! lol. :hi5:

So it's not meant to hold the metal one?

I was too excited yesterday i didnt even try it, I just automatically left that one in the holster. But im sure it would be difficult because the hand itself has no real grip. I bet the plastic one was an afterthought when the realized that it wasnt able to hold the metal one. Even though I knew there was a metal one I was surprised holding it in hand how heavy it felt.

Thing is, we never had many candid shots of the proto. Mostly it was videos as nobody had a proto in hand. So looking at those from 2013, the movie suit looking blue, down to the movie suit looking silver under different light. And shots of the retail piece under different light;

collage.jpg

This reminds me of a One Direction photo collage, only for dudes. :lol

So it's not meant to hold the metal one?

I was too excited yesterday i didnt even try it, I just automatically left that one in the holster. But im sure it would be difficult because the hand itself has no real grip. I bet the plastic one was an afterthought when the realized that it wasnt able to hold the metal one. Even though I knew there was a metal one I was surprised holding it in hand how heavy it felt.

Nah, it's too heavy. DC gun goes in the holster, plastic gun goes in the hand.

I bet the plastic one was an afterthought when the realized that it wasnt able to hold the metal one.
The metal and plastic pistols were both included in the original specs; if the plastic one was merely to ensure he could hold it, they would have included a sculpted hand instead of a second gun.

The fist hands did get cut from the final release, though.

PD13699017978zh.jpg

Shame it doesn't have a gun twirling hand like the Alex Murphy figure. I assume the plastic version has no moving parts?

The fingers are fully posable so you might be able to pull off the twirling gun scene lol

Well, how ****ing cheap of them. For 3 bills, they could of thrown in another hand.

This might be the lowest expectations for something coming into the mail for me ever since I started collecting :lol

I ordered the regular version. Spoke with Dawn at SSC and she told me that the figure will ship next week.

How come I never received a 14 day notice email from SSC warning me of the charge and shipping of regular version ? They always give you a heads up .

Well, and I may be wrong (hope one of you on here can correct me) but it looks like my Robocop from Loonten is in the process of being returned to him! more than a week after he "despatched" it.

The current tracking status says: Import Security Scan - Location: Beijing.

Which apparently means that export has been declined and it is now going through re-importation (which makes no sense!) to be delivered back to the seller. Aaaargh. :(

From what I've been reading it looks like they rejected the item and it simply won't be sent now. Time to get a refund from Loonten. Awesome. Anyone else having this problem with this guy lately?

Sorry to hear about the problems with Loonten. I've heard he's normally one of the good guys.

And if I had known then what I know now, I would've waited for the inevitable discount before POing Robo with chair. Assuming the figure doesn't look like total **** in-hand, I'll wait a year from now and pick up a second...on sale.

Well, how ****ing cheap of them. For 3 bills, they could of thrown in another hand.

This might be the lowest expectations for something coming into the mail for me ever since I started collecting :lol

people with the lowest expectations are usually the most satisfied

For some reason my robo has stop by at stoke on trent. It usually goes from Stansted to Motherwell depot. Hmmmm.
7371ef7de05ac5a0d90646e39c791442.jpg

Back