Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the last pic - it's not a bright room (Going Home scene) and there is still massive light refraction. Hot Toys even nailed the flecks in the finish...C'mon guys - Hot Toys nailed it - Can't we be happy...for once.:wink1:

The figure itself, sculpt and likeness, are great but HT did not nail the paint. Far from it.

In the last pic - it's not a bright room (Going Home scene) and there is still massive light reflection on the helmet. Hot Toys even nailed the flecks in the finish...C'mon guys - Hot Toys nailed it - Can't we be happy...for once.:wink1:

That reflection is the result of a bright light source out of frame. HT indeed nailed it...with the prototype.

This is the paint job we should be getting. I've seen so many pictures and video reviews with that ultra shiny silver and it's a huge turnoff. How does HT **** it up so much and allow this to happen? It's such a disappointment. For over $300, it should look like the prototype. There's no excuse. I'll most likely cancel and maybe pick it up in the future once the price drops.

If I get a second Robo, it will be because I waited for a huge price-drop.

I guess we'll just have to see it in our grubby fingers then - to know for sure...:pray:

Looks like I got my shipping confirmation Email this afternoon. should be 7-10 business days. Only took almost a week after payment was charged to credit card. BRAVO SS. but at least it's whereabouts are known.
(looks around for the "one hand clapping emote"..)

Yeah with the way HT prices have been dropping on non exclusives, I'm pretty confident that I can get him down the road cheaper or through one of Sideshow's sales.

Exactly.

I actually found someone that wants this (South American guy that has bought from me before) and if you think $300 is insane for a figure, you can't even imagine how these run over there. I will be passing this over to him after I inspect it. Making about $50 in this after shipping and insurance is not bad.

Just not feeling it tbh, at least not at full price. I only have Optimus Prime on PO right now, and no NRD on that expensive bastard... But it's OP, so it's cool.

After that, never again. Retail prices are for the desperate nowadays, at least the way I see it.

Awesome to see some of you guys finally getting shipping confirmations and card charge notifications. *said through clenched teeth*
Lol

Almost had to regulate!! :monkey3 Kept myself occupied most of the day in the hopes of coming home to a shipment notice and ......got nothing!! So I checked SSC website and shows "processing" noticed the "chat with us" still up and aaaaaaalmost didnt try but I did and im glad I did. Eventhough it didnt show on the website she said it shipped earlier and I should receive it tomorrow!!! So im excited!!!:yess:

Yes I did! Thanks! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Both getting ours on Monday:hi5
I only got the Fig:D

35iq8uv.jpg

Robocop came today! I apologize in advance for crappy iphone4 camera quality pics.

IMG_7441.JPG

IMG_7443.JPG

IMG_7449.JPG

under daylight (5000k) led lighting
IMG_7444.JPG

under cool white (9000k) led lighting
IMG_7445.JPG

IMG_7451.JPG

some quick positives and neutral/negative notes from me

+ nice paint smoothness application
+ docking station looks pretty good
+ helmet and mouth piece likeness looks a lot better in person
+ base stand and accessories are excellent

- definitely a shiny silver paint job (a lot brighter than the EB 1/4 Robo)
- legs are a ***** to articulate, especially trying to make him stand straight
- forearm sleeve is similar designed like EB Robo forearm sleeve
- noticeable gap from hand peg to hand piece
- lacks bulkiness and thicker proportions on the chest and legs

Sounds like a lot of negatives but don't get me wrong, its a wonderful 1/6 Robocop figure. Definitely a keeper in my collection. Bring on the battle damaged and Alex Murphy figures!!

Robocop came today! I apologize in advance for crappy iphone4 camera quality pics.

View attachment 14440

View attachment 14440

View attachment 14441

under daylight (5000k) led lighting
View attachment 144

under cool white (9000k) led lighting
View attachment 144

View attachment 1413

some quick positives and neutral/negative notes from me

+ nice paint smoothness application
+ docking station looks pretty good
+ helmet and mouth piece likeness looks a lot better in person
+ base stand and accessories are excellent

- definitely a shiny silver paint job (a lot brighter than the EB 1/4 Robo)
- legs are a ***** to articulate, especially trying to make him stand straight
- forearm sleeve is similar designed like EB Robo forearm sleeve
- noticeable gap from hand peg to hand piece
- lacks bulkiness and thicker proportions on the chest and legs

Sounds like a lot of negatives but don't get me wrong, its a wonderful 1/6 Robocop figure. Definitely a keeper in my collection. Bring on the battle damaged and Alex Murphy figures!!
congrats on getting it and thanks for the write up!

Haven't checked this thread in a while. Is it just the Robo and chair shipping now from SS? I saw that IGN had solo Robo that they got from SS to review so I figure he must be close.

Back