Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Enterbay cancelled their 1/4 Endosekeleton, does it mean EB can't do a 1/4 because HT already beat them to the release date?

If so, does it mean we won't see a HT 1/4 Robocop?

I think it all depends on the details of the license, and the market for said products.

If it's viable (profitable) and they have a license to produce, either company could double up... But, most of the time a license holder will sell it to the highest bidder, they (the winning company) get exclusive rights.

All these negotiations are "commercial in confidence" so the public will never know the details.

So, in short - :dunno

To me what it looks like is hot toys wont do a 1/4 and enterbay wont do a 1/6 on this one. At least not at the same time or in quick succession. Hot toys snatches the 1/6 license pretty quick and enterbay is usually cornered into the 1/4. They can always still do but may not make business since. Not many people buy 1/6 and 1/4 both.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

To me what it looks like is hot toys wont do a 1/4 and enterbay wont do a 1/6 on this one. At least not at the same time or in quick succession. Hot toys snatches the 1/6 license pretty quick and enterbay is usually cornered into the 1/4. They can always still do but may not make business since. Not many people buy 1/6 and 1/4 both.

Unless it's the EB battle damaged terminator and the dx13 :hi5:

I have no idea why anybody would want a figure that big anyway. 1/6 is big enough. haha.

I'm tempted to get the EB Robo if the price is right. The frequent QC issues EB's known for is making me think twice though. Was hoping HT would be releasing their own 1/4 Robo to compare the two before deciding which one to pick.

Too bad we didn't get to see the 1/4 Endo EB's working on. Having more than one to choose from would be a win/win for collectors.

Have you ever had a 1/4 in front of you?

Yup. It was too big. haha.

I'm not sure why it is... but people sometimes equate bigger with better, especially in toy collecting. You see it in Transformers, and Super Robots all the time. "ZOMG it's so biggg!" Like that crappy Metroplex that people kept saying, "Oh it's a largest transformer ever! It's 2 foot!" Great.. it's 2 feet of cheap plastic.

Meh.
Bigger means it just takes up more space and costs more to ship, plus it's out of scale with everything else I collect. Then you gotta think about storing this massive box, and keeping dust off the thing as it probably won't fit in your display case.

I understand if it's that one character that you love, and you want a center piece or something, but smaller is always better in my mind.

Anyway, I'm excited for the 1/6th scale Robocop. I bet EB cancelled their because it wasn't financially doable. Just too many Robocop products for a small market.

Yup. It was too big. haha.

I'm not sure why it is... but people sometimes equate bigger with better, especially in toy collecting. You see it in Transformers, and Super Robots all the time. "ZOMG it's so biggg!" Like that crappy Metroplex that people kept saying, "Oh it's a largest transformer ever! It's 2 foot!" Great.. it's 2 feet of cheap plastic.

Meh.
Bigger means it just takes up more space and costs more to ship, plus it's out of scale with everything else I collect. Then you gotta think about storing this massive box, and keeping dust off the thing as it probably won't fit in your display case.

I understand if it's that one character that you love, and you want a center piece or something, but smaller is always better in my mind.

Anyway, I'm excited for the 1/6th scale Robocop. I bet EB cancelled their because it wasn't financially doable. Just too many Robocop products for a small market.

Basically your words I put on bold is the same with most people I know who don't dig Quarter Scale figures, and it all sums up to EACH HIS OWN. Yes, bigger doesn't mean better because "better" is subjective. Objectively speaking, there are undeniable proofs that SOMETIMES 1/4 is better compared to its 1/6 counterpart -- case in point EB's Batman Begins compared to all 3 attempts of HT on the Begins suit, and HT's QS001 compared to their own DX12.

I am mainly a 1/6th collector, but I love my 1/4s as they add variety. I would have had a problem if I display my figures on a diorama, but since they're all displayed museum-style, 1/4 T800 became the centerpiece of my Terminator collection as is my EB Bats to my Batman collection.

I got this HT Robo on PO, and I'm waiting for EB to announce the cost of their 1/4. Surely would be great to have both.

I'm just saying why I don't want one, doesn't mean I'm right or whatever. Whatever works for you and makes you happy! haha.

1/4 are more detailed and 1/2 even more and 1:1 even more, many of us are happy with the details on 1/6 and feel no need for 1/4. The ones who do and can afford it, no problem just buy it :) ...

Back