Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^This picture is more like it. :)

I just realized that the sound for his gun isn't one of the special features.

I though the figure looks good though.

9320130538_d222431459_b.jpg

9346096254_d913587074_b.jpg
Back view.

9345587044_735427aa20_b.jpg
Gorgeous photos, but are these images heavily manipulated? There's a lot of heavy purple/blue hues present here that are barely present in the other photos. I mean it's almost hard to believe these are the same figure on display at the same place:

sdcc2013_sideshow_116.jpg

9320130538_d222431459_b.jpg

Did anyone see this pic on Michael Crawfords site? Play Arts Kai are doing a Robocop too. Pretty cool. Thought I'd post it here just in case Robo fans missed it.
sdcc2013_squareenix_72.jpg

Did anyone see this pic on Michael Crawfords site? Play Arts Kai are doing a Robocop too. Pretty cool. Thought I'd post it here just in case Robo fans missed it.
sdcc2013_squareenix_72.jpg

play arts robocop looks awsome! thanks for the pic Doon :dance :dance

LOL @ Nini. It's hard not to call you a troll when you call something like this awful from any angle. I'll show restraint instead and just chalk it up to too much self abuse.

Last edited:
A little off-topic that's a little on-topic:

I'm just curious if any of you guys have seen comicbook artist Gerald Parel's sketch of Robocop. Gerald also collects figures and uses the handle COSMITRON here on the freaks' board. I think it looks better than what we're seeing so far from the new movie's behind the scenes photos :clap

1006265_10200494703635705_1364233371_n.jpg

I'm just curious if any of you guys have seen comicbook artist Gerald Parel's sketch of Robocop. Gerald also collects figures and uses the handle COSMITRON here on the freaks' board. I think it looks better than what we're seeing so far from the new movie's behind the scenes photos :clap

Looks like a grey fox wannabe or raiden with robo's head on it :lol

That's 1000 times better than the actual remake but the fact of the matter is, nothing will ever recapture that original design better. They should have left it alone.

Well, changing the design sort of works as a bridge between the original and the current generation of viewers which means that the design in that awesome artwork up there works much better because there is some design or rather color cues from the original.

Actually, they're using the original design of the suit on the new movie. Just saw it from the leaked trailer from the con, I think. Just not sure if it's the main one or will just appear briefly.

...because there is some design or rather color cues from the original.
I think that's the biggest issue with the reboot suit; making it entirely black was a huge mistake. Granted, a shiny silver robot is by no means stealthy or practical from a story perspective - but as has been pointed out many times before the reboot costume looks like any other sci-fi black battle suit. Two problems there: one, it's not supposed to look like a suit at all. And two, Robocop's appearance should be distinct and unmistakable. Generic sci-fi army trooper number 453 fails at both of those things.

robocop-2013-reboot-image_04_0.jpg

I think that's the biggest issue with the reboot suit; making it entirely black was a huge mistake. Granted, a shiny silver robot is by no means stealthy or practical from a story perspective - but as has been pointed out many times before the reboot costume looks like any other sci-fi black battle suit. Two problems there: one, it's not supposed to look like a suit at all. And two, Robocop's appearance should be distinct and unmistakable. Generic sci-fi army trooper number 453 fails at both of those things.

The folds in the waist area... The "hand" looks like he's just not wearing a glove on one side. It's a major fail. Unless they are planning on CGI enhancing some of those practical pieces, I don't think I'll be convinced.

Looks so lame and unoriginal. I hate the new look. Looks like a man in a suit. Suppose to be a cyborg. Looks like a low budget suit.

Back