Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same kind of thoughts I'm having. I know the 2 Robocops are the same figure with/without chair but I want both. Robo sitting in recharge mode looks too cool not to have as a permanent display. And yet what everyone else says is also true - Robocop needs to be displayed in battle. Thus the second figure. The choice there is another clean look or the BD.

Yeah, its such a beauty of a figure, I couldn't resist:monkey3

I like the chair diorama, its a cool piece and great choice on hot toys part. Its also nice they give the consumer the option to get it or not, Theres a lot to be excited about here, the simple fact its Robocop, the diecast, the sound feature and the diorama:clap

I know people say diecast is just a gimmick to charge more money, but after getting the 1/4 endoskeleton I'm a fan of it, the weight gives it more realism and I like the feel of the cold metal in my hand:lol

Hoping they make the 1:6 endoskeleton with some diecast too.

and......which parts should be die cast?
On the sideshow website it is not specified...

You aren't gonna take issue with missing bolts and weird shoulder positioning?
it bothers me but will have to live with it. the face/helmet and the chest shapes are perfect for a figure i think, and they make the mood.

I thought anything less than perfection was unacceptable to you?
if it was so, i wouldn't have any HT figure at all.
those 5 lines - aliens, predators, robocop, terminator and ninja turtles - are holy for a kid from 80ths, and if HT decided to step into 1/6 robocop, i can finally get rid of kotobukiya excellent but too small samples )

ed-209_robocop_fight_02.jpg~original

ed-209_robocop_fight_03.jpg~original

cain_robocop_fight_04.jpg~original

cain_robocop_fight_03.jpg~original

maybe one day Cain will be made, too.

If they could have had his full face underneath I would have tempted.

Damn those little figures makes me really wish they would hurry up with Cain. They said they would do it so I'm hoping it's not too far into the future.

384450_10150451380332344_581531539_n.jpg

388247_10150451380217344_173274889_n.jpg

Damn those little figures makes me really wish they would hurry up with Cain. They said they would do it so I'm hoping it's not too far into the future.

384450_10150451380332344_581531539_n.jpg

388247_10150451380217344_173274889_n.jpg

Man that got me excited. Whilst I love ED209, I think I'd pass due to lack of space and budget for figures ATM, but I'd surely get Cain, since it would be easier for me to look for a space for him, as ED requires more depth on the shelf.

EDIT: Seeing Cain again made me wonder if the designer of Michael Bay-STARSCREAM loved Cain.

Man that got me excited. Whilst I love ED209, I think I'd pass due to lack of space and budget for figures ATM, but I'd surely get Cain, since it would be easier for me to look for a space for him, as ED requires more depth on the shelf.

Decided to skip on ED-209 as well and pray that they release Cain to display with Robocop. I really hope they don't decide to can him.

And I thought that as well when I saw those chicken legs!

Whose Cain? The robot in the box or the green hologram? It's been yrs since I've seen the movie.

Re: Hot Toys - RoboCop: 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Does anyone actually want sound effects? I mean, really? You'd expect voice clips in a £20 toy, not a collectible that costs ten times as much. It's just gimmicky nonsense

Your move..creep!...

must.......resist. Wish I could afford two of them, one to display with battle damage and one without

Personally, I don't care for them because you have to know they're not going to put in decent speakers and it's going to sound tinny and cheap. On the other hand, because it's so half-assed, it doesn't really add to the cost of the figure. So far, HT seems to be including it as a 'value-add', so it doesn't bug me as much as if I thought they were actually charging a $50.00 premium for it. Like someone else said earlier in the thread, Robo would cost $300.00 with or without the sound effects.

Ah ... Had to order this. Sucks we have to wait over a year though. Almost would have liked to have the PO in october or something. Those promo photos are bunk compared to the camera shots, after seeing those I had to order. Now I just hope they don't change the look of the face plates, cuz they really do look like peter.

Just need to see the Cain and I'll be set.

Back