Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are usually 50 dollars more in the US and 70-90 dollars more in Europe compared to the HK retail price.

Our local dealer just posted the one with chair for $420. I think it's a safe bet that the one without would be up for PO for $280-300.

EDIT: ED 209 just went up for PO for $400.

Likeness rights or not, the exposed part of the face on the toy looks dead on.

In fact, everything looks dead on! It's freaking gorgeous!! Those comparison pictures to the original HT show what a weak effort that figure was, even at the time. I remember looking at that soft-sculpted bobble-head thing and wondering why people were willing to pay such a premium for it. It looked bad before....comparing it to the new one makes it look like a Mexican bootleg!!

It's gonna be damn hard to resist this one. It's even got the movie-accurate battle-damage. Just missing one crucial ingredient, the Murphy reveal head...but even without it...it's tempting. And I love the fact that we have the option of skipping the completely useless chair.

ED looks amazing too....and it's a damn good thing NECA is making one that's smaller and cheaper, so I'm not even tempted by the HT one. It's simply too big and would take up far too much room in an already crowded display. Still looks freaking gorgeous though!

ED looks amazing too....and it's a damn good thing NECA is making one that's smaller and cheaper, so I'm not even tempted by the HT one. It's simply too big and would take up far too much room in an already crowded display. Still looks freaking gorgeous though!

:exactly:

Even if I could afford the HT ED-209, I'd be at a loss as to where I'd put the damn thing.:lol

Thanks, NECA!

....and this one just up for PO for $300.

Prices here in our country is usually + or - $5 compared to SSC prices, so just giving you an idea, guys :)

:pI'm glad that HT is finally getting away from Iron Man figs!!

This looks amazing, the one with the chair and ED-209 are all very tempting too.

That being said (I know i'm in the minority here), I think I'm going to wait for HT to release figs from the Robocop remake.

These are still amazing looking figures!

:pI'm glad that HT is finally getting away from Iron Man figs!!

This looks amazing, the one with the chair and ED-209 are all very tempting too.

That being said (I know i'm in the minority here), I think I'm going to wait for HT to release figs from the Robocop remake.

These are still amazing looking figures!

Not too far away... this is a giant metal suit too...

Wow I just learned of this! This is definitely a buy for me! My God, it's the DX09 feeling all over again for me.

I love this figure, especially this photo is amazing...

944387_10151423197177344_717295547_n.jpg

It is a lovely piece going by the current pics, sure.

I don't want the sound chip crap though - & with no Weller sculpt, it makes it more a pass than a temptation for me.

With this guy being part of the big four in 80s sci-fi / fantasy classics - like Arnold etc, Murphy will get his other iterations.. surely. :pray:

Looks great. Agreed with folks saying the die cast is an unnecessary addition to the cost, and the sound effects actually bring the whole product down in my eyes. That kind of cheap gimmickry is suited to mass retail Hasbro or NECA figures, not high end collectibles. What's next, "action punch" features? Aliens that squirt water out of their mouths? Spring loaded rocket launchers? I guess we should have seen this coming with the translucent plastic and light up stuff though.

Back